Complaint Review: Everest Moving & Storage

• Submitted: Thu, January 30, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, February 11, 2003

• Reported By:maimi Florida
Everest Moving & Storage
Ft Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.

Everest Moving & Storage rip-off big time Ft Lauderdale Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Making the company look bad with lies!!!!

I called Everest moving to get an estimate for my move from FL To: NY. I spoke with Shelly; she gave an estimate for $1000.00. On the day of the move when there "professional" movers came, first they broke my upright piano when they try to load it to truck when I saw that they said" dont worry you have insurance..." after I saw the way they handled my shipment I wanted to cancel the move asking them to unload my shipment from the truck, they refuse!!!

I called the office ask to speak with Shelly, the girl there said she is on the other line after holding for 30 min, I called again this time they put me with a supervisor who told me that I will have to pay $2000.00 to unload my shipment. After screaming and crying the let me speak with one of the manager name "john" which told me that he is going to give me a discount and full coverage for my piano. I was to naive to agree....

Then the real nightmare start: a day after the pick up john called me saying that I got much more stuff and the price is $5000.00 instead of $1000.00 estimate, when I spoke with Shelly she told me I will get my shipment in NY after 5 days, john told me it will take them weeks.

Since it was wintertime all I wanted is my shipment and my clothes. I paid $5000.00 cash, when they came to deliver my shipment after two and half weeks, almost everything was broken!!!

I try to call the office and speak with Shelly, who promises me everything before the move, but she was always on the other line.

Learn from my experience NEVER USE THAT COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ann
maimi, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2003 11:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Everest-Moving-Storage/Ft-Lauderdale-Florida/Everest-Moving-Storage-rip-off-big-time-Ft-Lauderdale-Florida-43409. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Everest Moving & Storage

My name is Shelly, and I am contacting you from EVEREST MOVING & STORAGE.

We are a reliable moving company that always respect the customer, we always direct our customers to check us out at the bbb (better business bureau) and also to this website to see that we are clean of bad reports.

It got to our attention that we had a report on your website, after reading the report and checking schedules and paper work we understood that we NEVER had that kind of a move.

4. We did not brake any piano in all of our moves.
5. I am the one that directs the phone calls to the sales rep. or managers so I can not say that SHELLY is on the other line, whenever a customer asks for Shelly i say "Shelly's Speaking".
6. We NEVER had a move that started with $1000.00 and ended with $5,000.00

I just gave you a few facts that tells you that the story you have on our company is not true.
We would be more then happy to help any customer that needs to speak to one of the supervisor or sales representative.

If the person that wrote it has something against the company we would like to see the contract that was signed on the day of the pick up.

We would like the story to be deleted till you find out any facts and get more information and proof of the move.