- Report: #975673
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Everest Moving and Storage, Inc
Everest Moving and Storage, Inc4613N university dr,unit 6 Coral Springs, Florida United States of America
Everest Moving and Storage, Inc Everest Moving and Storage Dishonest, Unprofessional, ConArtists, Crooks and Liars Coral Springs , Florida
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I also checked the BBB and at that time their ratings were a C that rating is now a F. The stories and lies they told us would take volumes of information and there is not the room here for that.
1. They were over 5 days late for a scheduled pickup, with every excuse out there for why they were delayed. We were moving from Maryland to New York. We could not find a replacement mover in the days remaining so we stuck with them, hoping that it wouldn't turn into more of a nightmare. It only continued to get worse.
2. They hired workers from Craigs list and not professional movers. They didn't wrap our items well. Although I had spent extensive time questioning and making sure prior to pickup that they would all be professional movers.
3. Their "Firm" quote for the move jumped over 3 thousand dollars at the time of pickup even though I had hired a person to do the inventory and presented it to them with details of these items 60 days in advance of the move.
4. They refused to wrap or start moving our items until we signed the documents telling us that we were over limit for items.....see above reference to an inventory list provided, they promised to talk with us afterwards about it and "make it right".
They showed up at 3 pm and finished at 2 am and left the place in a total mess.
5. They refused to deliver our items unless we signed a document that we would not sue them. They then refused to deliver our items until we had paid for the additional money so they held our household goods hostage and refused to talk with us about it until we paid them.
6. They then advised us (by the delivery driver) our furniture was just thrown into the storage unit in NYC and most of the furniture had no wrapping on it or it was destroyed which was why they were late in delivery of our items.
7. Our furniture had gouges, scratches, busted items, torn couches, crushed antiques that I had had for years. All of our items were solid wood. There were pieces missing etc.
8. Most of all of our hardware to our furniture was missing and gone but they assured us that we would find it somewhere. We never did find them . So they did not set up our furniture (of which was included in our cost).
9. After being informed to take pictures and document all of this they would "Make it right".
10. They took over 4 months to respond to our claims with more lies and delays and offered us a settlement cost of $207. dollars for THOUSANDS of dollars worth of damages done to our belongings by Everest Moving and Storage workers.
Nothing they promised, nothing in our contracts they have honored. Do not use this unethical and horrible company if you value your belongings, saving that extra buck isn't worth it, they will cost you way more time and money than any other moving company out there.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2012 02:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Everest-Moving-and-Storage-Inc/Coral-Springs-Florida-33067/Everest-Moving-and-Storage-Inc-Everest-Moving-and-Storage-Dishonest-Unprofessional-ConA-975673. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.