Complaint Review: Everest University - Once Florida Metropolitan University

• Submitted: Mon, August 29, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, August 30, 2011

• Reported By: ozk — Roanoke Virginia United States of America
Everest University - Once Florida Metropolitan University

Everest University - Once Florida Metropolitan University Diploma Mill - Deceptive Practices, Internet

*Author of original report: You have made a good point

*Author of original report: Thank you for your response

*Consumer Comment: Ozk

*Consumer Comment: Why the multiple reports?

Everest University was known as Florida Metropolitan University back in 2006 and before.  This false university changed their name due to lawsuits and the very bad reputation they were quickly (and still are) building.

I was a student at a real university at the time I was hired as an Admissions Representative at Everest University.  I quickly noticed as to how this false university did not hold a candle to what I had come to know as a real education.

Everest University  "required" Admissions Representatives to lie and do whatever it took to enroll students in their school.  Although I needed the job very badly, I did not have it in me to ruin the lives of so many people, as this "so-called" school was requiring.  Stephanie Heffinsteel (something like that) was the name of my supervisor.  A gentleman by the name of Mike Jenkins (whose son is actually a professional football player), was the Vice President I believe.  Both of these individuals were very crooked, evil people, who could not care less about all of the lives they were ruining by luring unsuspecting victims to this school.

Our job as Admissions Officers were to work in boiler rooms, sucking poor souls in to the school, through lies and false promises.  The supervisors and managers even referred to our work as "boiling", as we were required to make numerous phone calls and sign anyone and everyone up for this falsified university education.  If we did not sign up enough individuals, we were reprimanded and threatened of being fired.

Without hesitation, this school needs to be shut down permanently.  It is horribly ruining the lives of so many people.

I had to leave this miserable boiler room atmosphere, because lieing to people and ruining their lives for sake of personal gain was not something that I could live with.  In turn, I wound up losing my place to live and everything.  It wasn't until just a few years ago, when I was able to get back up on my feet again.  This "so called university" is s true nightmare.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2011 12:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Everest-University-Once-Florida-Metropolitan-University/internet/Everest-University-Once-Florida-Metropolitan-University-Diploma-Mill-Deceptive-Practi-770541. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Everest University - Once Florida Metropolitan University

You have made a good point

AUTHOR: ozk - (United States of America)

Thank you for your response.

I began as an Admission rep years ago.  It was not until after I finally obtained my PhD, that I was offered a few postions at three other diploma mills.  It took my short experiences there to learn as to what they are like.

I presently work at a local university.  All is well.

AUTHOR: ozk - (United States of America)

Thank you for your response.

I started out as an admissions rep years ago.  Once I finally obtained my PhD, I began working as a Professor.

I presently work at a local university in my community.

Ozk

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

Is there a diploma mill you HAVEN'T worked for?

If those are the only jobs you can get, it doesn't say much about YOUR degree, does it?

Why the multiple reports?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

You have written reports on different Schools.  In some reports you claim to have been a Professor at a real university, in others like this one you have claimed to be a student at a real university.   In some reports you claim to be a professor or instructor at the school, in this one you claim to work in Admissions.

By the way if it took you "years" to get back on your feet after you quit a job as an Admissions Counselor perhaps it wasn't the job..it was the person.  Could it be that you can't keep a job so you have to go from school to school who in turns fires you?

temporary