Complaint Review: Everest University Online

Everest University Online scam, financial rip off, scandalous , Internet

*Consumer Comment: suggestion

*General Comment: VA Benefit / Mislead

*Consumer Comment: suggestions

I enrolled in Everest University online in October 2012, and it has been a pain in the a** every since.  The people that work there are insensitive to the students needs and requests.  Get this, once you mention financial aid they start to give you the run around.  I firmly believe they were hired and trained to do this.  The enrollment counselors all lie, you see at first they call you every fifteen minutes, then once you are enrolled you can't get no one on the phone.  Today I am seeking exit counseling, so therefore they started to threaten me by saying my financial aid this that and the other.  But you see I have gotten so fed up with them until it does not matter.  I had enrolled in the military program VRAP and they are actually trying to screw the government, who does that?  Listen, I applied myself to the process, I played nice and everything still a negative response.  I believe there is a rip off going on here and no one wants to acknowledge it, but I plan to file a report with everyone I can find to listen.  As for the counselors that log onto these sites and try to redeem the school, Shame on you for misleading your sisters and brothers.  How would you like it if I misled your kids in the future? Shame on you.  Remember, in this lifetime you get what you give-I sure would not want to be in employment of this university when their undercover ways catch up with them.  As for that military department I have called all to Atlanta to try and resolve this problem, I don't think they should be allowed to continue to deceive the government, I am gonna tell everyone in government that will listen, including the TV stations where I live and in Florida where they supposively reside.  Everest University Buyer Beware!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2012 12:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Everest-University-Online/internet/Everest-University-Online-scam-financial-rip-off-scandalous-Internet-973849. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Everest University Online

suggestion

AUTHOR: Jeanski - (USA)

I don't have any helpful advice to remedy your situation, but if your admissions rep falsified any documents to the VA, the school can be sued for fraud.  In order for the VA to pay you your benefits, you must be taking courses that are part of your degree plan.  This has to be done BEFORE the VA certifies your attendance and sends info upstream for you to get paid. That means that the school would have to complete an evaluation of your transfer credits, and prepare a very specific degree plan that outlines exactly what courses are needed for you to graduate.  This is true for all benefit Chapters.

Please contact the VA and tell them what happened. At the very least, they can look into it and maybe help you or another vet retain benefit dollars.

Good luck!

#2 General Comment

VA Benefit / Mislead

AUTHOR: Slikks mama - (USA)

I attended this school in 2005-2007ish.. I'm over 30K in debt because of loans they took out on my behalf without my knowledge. I qualified for Veterans Assistance benefits, filled out the application and was originally denied by the VA because they did not recognize the courses I was taking. However, the admissions rep who of course no longer works with Everest College "Sweet coated" the program and somehow got it approved through the VA. I don't know what they do or how they do it but they sure know how to suck money out of people. :(

suggestions

AUTHOR: Jeanski - (USA)

Thank you for your service! As a veteran myself, and a former VA Certifying official, I might be able to help you find additional outlets for your complaint. The more people who know about these schools scamming our vets, the better.

Have you told your certifying official about the problem?  What was his/her response?

One place to post your complaint would be on facebook.com/HouseVetsAffairs. You might also want to go to military.com and post your complaint there so other vets are likely to see it.  The government committee responsible for this program is the Committee on Veterans Affairs. A contact person there is Amy Mitchell (202-225-3527). I think the Chairman is Representative Jeff Miller from Florida. His contact info can be found here: http://jeffmiller.house.gov/contact/.

Your complaint wasn't specific enough so you might consider adding details that better describe what happened.

Good luck, and let us know what happens!