Complaint Review: Everly Originals

• Submitted: Tue, July 28, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, July 28, 2009

• Reported By:Mt. Sterling Kentucky
Everly Originals
243 Newton Sparta Rd. Newton, New Jersey U.S.A.

Everly Originals After 8 months of excuses they have not produced the portrait purchased Newton New Jersey

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Everly did not "rip you off" they went bankrupt

I purchased the order packet for a customized portrait in November 2008.

In February,2009 I was contacted with a request for an addtional $45 for the stretching of the canvas which would finish my order.

After not receiving any further notification on my order I called in April,2009 and spoke with a representative who said due to the uprecedented number of orders it would be another 12 -16 weeks.

As I was preparing to call and cancel my order today,July 28,2008 I have discovered that the company is no longer in business,nor, from the angry repsonses on line,responding to any correspondence.

I did not find this company through HSN but through a catalog,which I plan to inform immediately about the fraud.

Maxecat
Mt. Sterling, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2009 01:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Everly-Originals/Newton-New-Jersey-07860/Everly-Originals-After-8-months-of-excuses-they-have-not-produced-the-portrait-purchased-474235. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Everly Originals

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Everly did not "rip you off" they went bankrupt

AUTHOR: Greg - (U.S.A.)

Yes I was one of the ex-employees. No one knew except the two owners of the company that it was the last day. What you are experiencing is not fraud. The company is filing for Chapter 7. Im sorry what happened to you. And trust me, it is not fun not having a job. About 100 people lost their job. They just up and shut the doors. Sorry.