Complaint Review: Evil Controllers

• Updated: Wed, February 23, 2011

• Reported By: Scott — Virginia Beach Virginia United States of America
Evil Controllers
2050 E 5th St # 2 Tempe, Arizona United States of America

Evil Controllers Took my money and didn't send my controller! When you can get them on the phone they just lie. Tempe, Arizona

*Author of original report: Update: Evil Controllers Made It Right

I bought a Universal Trigger from Evil Controllers last March. I used it to play Modern Warfare 2 and it worked great.

When Black Ops came out in November, I sent the controller back to Evil Controllers along with a $65 check for additional upgrades and modifications. They cashed my check in November 2010. It is now February 3, 2011 and I still don't have a controller.

When their customer service actually picks up the phone, they are very nice and apologetic, but all they ever do is lie to you. Their stories constantly change and evolve. At first, they told me that they sent the controller to the wrong address and it took them a few weeks to get it back. I know this is untrue because the address they claimed to have sent it was to my parent's house and my parents never saw it.

I have talked to Amanda and Joanna on the phone around a dozen times combined. I have left numerous other voice mails and emails that have always gone unanswered.

Once in December and once in January I was assured by Amanda and then by Joanna that my controller was in the mail and that they would email me a tracking number as soon as they had one. I never saw a tracking number or my controller.

I have been so patient with this company but all they other do is lie and placate over the phone. I have no idea what they are doing or why they won't send my controller but enough is enough. I have to say that even though its product works, this is a fraudulous company based on its actions.

I would like to warn the gaming community at large about this company and its unethical business practices. If I had more money sunken into this controller I would pursue legal action. Avoid Evil Controllers!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2011 04:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Evil-Controllers/Tempe-Arizona-85281-3027/Evil-Controllers-Took-my-money-and-didnt-send-my-controller-When-you-can-get-them-on-t-690457. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Evil Controllers

Update: Evil Controllers Made It Right

AUTHOR: Scott_Emerson - (United States of America)

Evil Controllers is a story of a small company with a fantastic product trying to expand and going through some growing pains.  Going through this rough experience with them and working with their customer service reps like Amanda, I gained some insight and prospective into their business and what they are trying to accomplish.

To make this story short, I had some serious doubts at the time I filed my initial report on this website, but now, with an amazing controller in my hands that does exactly what I requested and seeing the steps Evil took to get it right, I have absolute confidence in this company's integrity and and desire to provide great customer service as well as the industry's best technical product (which was never in doubt).

It took a while to get all my issues resolved...But in the end, I have to say thank you to Evil for exceeding my expectations.