Complaint Review: Evil Controllers

• Updated: Tue, February 07, 2012

• Reported By: juangon — Amherst Massachusetts USA
Evil Controllers
2050 E. 5th Street #2, Tempe, Arizona Tempe, Arizona United States of America

Evil Controllers Paid for their controller, sent me a damaged product, shipped it to them for repair, have yet to see it. Tempe, Arizona

*UPDATE Employee: Follow Up

*UPDATE Employee: Resolution

*Author of original report: Recieved my controller

Never have I been ripped off in my entire life until Evil controllers came along. I had purchased a controller with adjustable auto- burst for Halo Reach on 2/1/11. I then received it on 2/5/11, I used it for three days and it was complete junk, the auto burst was laggy and only worked for four guns. I thought that there had to be something wrong with the controller as there was no way that this mod could be so dysfunctional. So I shipped it to them for repairs and they received it on 2/10/11.

Two weeks later I had yet to receive my controller so I called them to find out what was going on. I then found out that they had yet to even look at the controller to repair it. A week later I got a call saying that there was nothing they could do to repair the controller as their mod just wasn't functional with Halo Reach EVEN THOUGH THEY ADVERTISE IT ON THEIR WEBSITE. So I asked them to instead get a replacement of an unmodded controller. They then went to explain that I couldn't do that as it had been over the seven day period of refunds/replacements EVEN THOUGH I DID RETURN IT WITHIN THE PERIOD SPECIFIED. They had just held on to my controller and my $160 dollars for a month.

I then finally convinced them that I should be viable for a replacement and so they said they would ship the controller to me. This was on 2/26/11, it's now 3/11/11 and I gave them a call to see what was going on, I find out that again they haven't even shipped the controller and I'm asking for a refund and they said they would get back to me as they did one week ago without even an email or call.

I've never had so much trouble with just trying to get the product that I paid for. Evil controllers "prides themselves" on not being "scammers" and having great "customer service" but I beg to differ. If you don't want to get ripped off I highly suggest that you find modded controllers elsewhere.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2011 01:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Evil-Controllers/Tempe-Arizona-85281/Evil-Controllers-Paid-for-their-controller-sent-me-a-damaged-product-shipped-it-to-them-705224. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Evil Controllers

AUTHOR: Evil Carlos - (United States of America)

Hi Amherst

This post has been brought to our attention and as a representative of Evil Controllers I would like to make sure that this situation has been fully resolved in a satisfactory manner. We pride ourselves in our Quality customer service and simply want to do a follow up to ensure that the situation was fully resolved.

If it hasnt, please contact us at your earliest convenience, you can reach me at Carlos@evilcontrollers.com or by giving us a call at 877-880-3845.

We hope you had a great holiday.

Many Thanks,

Carlos

Resolution

AUTHOR: Evil Carlos - (United States of America)

Hi Juangon

This post has been brought to our attention and as a representative of Evil Controllers I would simply like to make sure that this situation has been fully resolved in a satisfactory manner.

We hope you had a great holiday.

Many Thanks,

Carlos C Reyes

Recieved my controller

AUTHOR: juangon - (USA)

After 33 days of uncertainty since I had returned my controller for repairs, I finally received my replacement controller. The surprising thing is that I recieved a call from them regarding when they were shipping it to me only after I had posted on this website. To make things even more embarrassing even for me is that they had forgotten what replacement controller I had even asked for! This really makes me question when would I have actually received my controller had I not posted on this site. So I told them what it was again; and I received the controller yesterday on 3/15/11 with a ring of light mod that I didn't ask for, so I was charged an extra $20. I called them and told them this and they said they would refund those $20 to my PayPal but that hasn't happened. I'm happy that at least I have a controller in my hands in comparison to before. I would like to say that this whole controller ordeal was a pleasant transaction, but then that would be lying.