Complaint Review: Evil-Controllers

• Updated: Mon, December 31, 2012

• Reported By: Chris S — Pittsburgh Pennsylvania United States of America
Evil-Controllers
2050 East 5th Street #2 Tempe, Arizona United States of America

Evil-Controllers Terrible Customer Service Outreach Defective product Tempe, Arizona

*Author of original report: I was called today ~ 11:00am

*UPDATE Employee: Evil Controllers

My original order date was 12/1. I recieved the controller around the 20th (this is an approximate date + or - a day or so).

On unboxing it, the "evil d-pad" is cracked right under the logo. They had put the wrong controller bottom on the controller. They triggers where extremly wobbly and from the Left Trigger to the Right Trigger the consistancy was night and day. (AKA left was loose and the right was extremly ridged).

I contacted someone the next day or so to have this fixed. They told me ship it in and we will ship you a brand new one when we recieve it. So i overnight the controller for Sat delivery, i am unsure if they work Sat or not. It does not go out until Monday for Tues delivery. Once the controller is recieved again i note that this is the same controller. I know because i marked the inside of the battery pack with a marker in 2 corners and took a picture of it. So they lied about shipping me a new one and just fixed the broken one. It also was only fixed to a degree. The dpad was fixed, the bottem was swapped, but the triggers will still horrible, and now this time, when i went to program the controller and error occured and i went to "reset" the firmware. It will not reset. I tried 3 different ways. So i put in a help ticket and left a voicemail for a "fix or solution". No return call, status of help ticket closed. So i put in another ticket for a refund. Again this help ticket was closed, no call or email. I am just shipping the controller back and if a refund is not recieved with in 10 business days i will be contacting my bank to dispute the transaction.

The thing is i review electronics online for a website and youtube. This was a hopeful product review ruined by poor support. I will not be purchasing another controller for review and will only review a product the company sends to me working.

My order number for Evil is 100018318. Contact me via this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2012 09:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Evil-Controllers/Tempe-Arizona-85281/Evil-Controllers-Terrible-Customer-Service-Outreach-Defective-product-Tempe-Arizona-988083. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Evil-Controllers

I was called today ~ 11:00am

AUTHOR: Chris S - (United States of America)

Spoke to Amanda who offered me a full refund, plus return label but unfortunately since it took so long for them to talk to me i had already payed for the label my self.

Evil Controllers

AUTHOR: Amanda O''Halloran - (United States of America)

Chris,

Upon receipt of your controller the Evil Dpad section was not damaged at all. It appeared that the Evil Dpad sticker the backing had adhered to your controller, making it looked as though there was a hairline crack in the underneath. We did replace the internal workings of your controller. All of our controllers receive  rigorous tests before leaving our facility. As discussed we return the controller for an exchange. Upon receipt of the controller I will contact you for the set up of the controller. If you have any questions please contact me directly at amanda@evilcontrollers.

Amanda