inevitably

• Submitted: Wed, December 12, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, January 29, 2013

• Reported By: Merrow757 — Windsor Virginia United States of America
Evony
PMB 6846 Suite 120 2711 Centerville Road Wilmington, Delaware United States of America

Evony Regan Mercantile,Cevony EVONY using blackmail to quiet customers to illegal hacking activity within their server Wilmington, Delaware

*Consumer Suggestion: Evony is Guilty of Unfair Preferences

*Consumer Comment: MAYBE SOMEDAY . . .

*Consumer Comment: Liars and Cheats

*General Comment: Victim of Evony fraud

*Consumer Comment: What facts?

*Author of original report: in response to mike

*Consumer Comment: Merrow

*Author of original report: Evony LLC using Blackmail to quiet victimized customers, even more dirt!

Threatening to close accounts as blackmailLast week my ip was stolen by a man who is in an enemy alliance (to me) in the online game, Evony. Evony is a wealthy company that has hundreds of servers and many paying to play members. A package on evony costs $30.00 for the typical sized package though they have larger packages exceeding $1,000. I myself am a paying player, I used to buy more packages than I have in the past few months. Evony has always been known for their stingy ways and poor customer service but recently has outdone themselves to me. Before i get started on the details let me say this, I have found no working phone number or means to communicate with anyone in charge at Evony other than one man (Thalin aka Phil) who lets people dip their hands in the cookie jar and does not treat his customers fairly.

This same man who stole my IP is also a player who monopolizes the server, running thousands (yeah i just said THOUSANDS) of accounts to feed his main army, hacked my net so that a person in his alliance could hit me. This man has been to federal prison for hacking hundreds of military and government webpages while working as one of the leaders to a group named "world of hell", a group of hackers who pride themselves in being able to hack even the most secure sites. According to the federal probation and parole board located here in SE Virginia, this man is currently no longer being supervised by the federal government. Now aside from feeling very violated over someone tampering with my computer and my internet connection I am outraged at the way evony customer support has been treating me. They have ignored my complaints and closed their eyes to the evidence i have submitted to them. I was in a voice call when it happened and I saved screen shots of the skype conversation. Later that day i got passed a screen shot of a conversation in this mans alliance where he not only admits to doing it but brags about it as well. I reported this in detail to evony and they have refused to do anything even though this player clearly has broken not only their rules and tos but also the law. I should mention that 98% of the people on my server run bots because evony has allowed people such as this man, game name mistake, aka hacker, and a few others like him to utilize every possible cheat, hack and exploit and the rest of us are forced to run bots just to try to stay alive from this massive rule breaking player. Anyway after a few mails back and forth with evony, and submitting ALOT of legit, indisputable evidence I received this mail today:

"Phil Dec 12 2012, 01:18 PM

Greetings,

There are a few things going on here. First any data you send us from 3rd party sources can be doctored and we cannot take action on it. 2nd as we already stated to you if you use Bots other players can have your login data.

Which brings us to our 3rd point,are you serious? Your using a bot, your alliance is using bots, your already sharing your accout info with your alliance. How many more rules are you going to break.

In case you are not the brightest tool in the shed, we will tell you one more time, contact your local police department if you feel any laws have been broken. We cannot take action on skype, or on conversations recorded using cheat software for our game.

This account is also now on final warning status, if anyone but you accesses the account your account will be closed, if you break any rules your account will be closed.

CSR Thantium"

I am too afraid to respond as I dont want to see my account closed after the time and money I have put into it. But wow. I find it sickening that this company not only ignores crime going on through their server but enables it by allowing this player to continue his unfair rampage in a game that other pay far and would like to enjoy too.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2012 04:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Evony/Wilmington-Delaware-19808/Evony-Regan-MercantileCevony-EVONY-using-blackmail-to-quiet-customers-to-illegal-hacking-981198. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Evony

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Evony is Guilty of Unfair Preferences

AUTHOR: FraudBuster - ()

I have no issue with enforcing the terms of service, were they actually enforced equally across the server.  The problem is this - they are not.

I have become aware of many people who have been suspended or banned for supposed infractions of the TOS.  However, when I myself supplied screen shots which showed a player on my server bragging in world chat about botting and mult-accounting, nothing was done.   Using both these techniques, he has managed to have an unfair monopoly over the entire server.  And this, in turn, has effectively killed the server.

In unfairly and arbitrarily enforcing the terms of service only on some players, arguably Evony/Civony have opened themselves up to legal action.  If infractions are simply based on complaints, then Evony is obliged to ensure that they properly investigate ALL complaints.  If infractions are discoverable, then they are obliged to investigate all complaints in the same fashion.

In short, Evony is a ripoff.  They allow people like "Thantius" to act as gods, favoring some and punishing others.  In doing so, they are guilty of unfair enforcement of contractual arrangements. They belong on this website.

MAYBE SOMEDAY . . .

AUTHOR: cal - (United States of America)

you should see the mess they made on 168

they banned 21 of the top players in a single alliance on the 'suspicion' of abusing a glitch

these player all had top heroes and accts had spent plenty of money
and were banned for "too many troops" ( there is a ripoff report from someone on that server )they asked how these players got soo many troops and then said there were alot of compliants from other players

when the banned players responded some got similar threats as this original report others got accts restored minus troops walls resources some got permabans for various other so called infractions

IF evony wants to ban for bots and multi accts then they need to ban ALL botters and multi acct players

this of course will end there game as prob 99% of players do one or both of these and it will definitely end their financial income as these are the players who spend

they dont ever allow or accept our proof yet they give none for their accusations

they also continue to ignore many legitimate complaints and instead investigate the one complaining

MAYBE SOMEDAY evony will wise up and allow botting (since it makes the game so much better) and if not maybe we players will get smart and take our money elsewhere

Liars and Cheats

AUTHOR: Brdybnch0401 - (U.S.A.)

I am a Christian.  I have zero tolerance for liars and cheaters.

I believe that there is a certain hierarchy (or should be).  In other words, people in charge, companies, etc should set a higher standard and abide by those standards in order to set an example.  Unfortunately this is not a perfect world and there are companies that just can NOT be trusted and apparently Evony has become one of those.

Evony has a really nice scrolling marque which states that there are no cheats in the game. In case they will be removed immediately.  THAT IS AN OUT AND OUT LIE.

I had a player tell me in an in-game mail that they were botting.  I reported this to Evony and their response was to tell me they would look into it, after which there was nothing done.  The player to this day is still playing and still botting.  When I mentioned this on their Forum, they chose to ban my account on the forum

Evony wants to avoid the truth.  They want to laugh in people's faces when they file a report about someone cheating.  No I do not abide by anyone cheating.  But I can see where some people might feel the need, since Evony refuses to follow their own TOS and they refuse to discuss it with anyone.  They merely laugh and threaten the innocent.

Well let this serve as notice, you can prevent people from speaking the truth on forums or anything else that you may run.  But Evony, you do NOT own the entire internet and you can not shut us all up.

There used to be a time when Evony was almost a decent company.  If there was an outage they would compensate players.  Even customer service was half way friendly.  But those days have long gone.  The last 2-3 months the servers seem to be down every 2-3 days for extended periods of time.  Evony can't or won't fix the problem.  They have done away with any compensation whatsoever.  And the customer service is lacking at best.  They refuse to discuss anything with anyone and laugh and try to punish the innocent.

Players have tried to communicate with Evony and Evony wants to ignore the facts and refuse to do anything.  Evony, there are Court systems that are still run on facts and truth.  Since you seem to want to ignore these issues, perhaps further communications might need to take place in Court.  Since you seem to think you are too good to run an honest game, and too good to give players an answer much less even show the players any respect, perhaps you would like to explain to a Court why you refuse to remove botters? Why you threaten anyone that trys to report botters?  Is their money so important that you would prefer to run a game based on cheating than to run an honest site?  Gambling is still illegal and well cheating would run right up there with it.  Running an illegal game service that allows cheating, well I think that might be just enough to have you permanently shut down regardless of how deep the pockets of the botters might be.

#4 General Comment

Victim of Evony fraud

AUTHOR: Supremacy - (United States of America)

I, too, became a victim to Evony's ways of how they handle. Phil, aka Thatium, was also my CSR.

They made a statement that during an 8 hour outage on January 21, 2013, that there was no need to worry about any upkeep or troops. However, when I was finally able to log on, which was another hour and a half after they claimed it was available (I was never able to log in until after that hour and a half), I found a city in refuge, with time-stamps indicating that the refuge was during their outage, right on the reboot, but before anyone could log onto the servers as they were testing it. I even provided a screen-shot debunking Phil's lie about it.

He claimed that it was before the outage. I pointed out on the screen-shot the time-stamp on the report. He then decided to one-up me and link me to several other accounts that happened to be similar to the e-mail account in use. Apparently, they don't realize that if someone wanted a particular name of an account because it is used, that the next person creating would simply add a number or something to the end to make it different. They lack that kind of knowledge and make assumption and say, "Oh, that's the same person" without any actual fact of the matter. Basically, you're guilty until proven innocent, but you can't prove innocent as you are guilty and nothing else matters.

Phil took it upon himself to link me to other said accounts and closed all of them. They are not associated to each other in no way. But it doesn't matter. What matters is that I caught him outright in a lie and his solution is to make up something that violates their TOS to ban.

Hey Phil, guess what? I saw some other posts on here about statements saying that screen-shots can be doctored and all. But you know what? There are forensic tools that are used to verify the validity of said documents to show any doctoring on them. I know, because I have them for my job.

What facts?

AUTHOR: Mike - (United States of America)

You have no proof, what you most likely have is Edited Skype conversations and Pictures of you on your bot *which is breaking evonys rule by the way*   of what ever conversations you are having with this so called player. I can talk how i want to merrow and it seems like you can as well, Rip off report can not  help you. Evony wont return your money Or help you since u Openly Told them you are dropping all your accounts now on evony, Which You already cheated on this server. Make sure you know what you are writing before you write it can be a first step, lol but like evony said, you aren't the sharpest tool in the shed now. Lmao on evonys part very Amusing to watch this go on. Please continue with your rampage. Because it went from reporting a player to blaming evony, When they now have proof you were cheating. Awsome job using your evony name here on the ripoffreports page as well. More proof for them to delete you from there server for false statements. Enjoy your Night :)

in response to mike

AUTHOR: Merrow757 - (United States of America)

well :) im going to go out on a limb here and ask, are you possibly evony staff mike? I cant honestly see anyone but Evony staff writing a report like the one you have posted here. I came through making my report based on facts, and YES INDEED I have screen shots and evidence to support my allegations. I never denied breaking the TOS however, as i stated before, Evony has allowed botting and multi accounting to go one for a few bully like players on my server so eventually everyone on the server began botting or multi accounting or both. So if i am guilty of it, then I am as guilty as the next person in line on my server, and is evony going to ban an entire server for "botting and multi accounting"? No but they will ban me for making a fuss over this. As far as your allegations Mike, of harassment that is a pile of steaming lies. In fact while in game, over the last couple weeks, the perpetrator and his friends have been harassing ME nonstop, I have kept quiet, in fact the only time I have come into world chat was to express my most sincere condolences to the lives lost in the senseless school shooting in CT this past Friday. So Mike, between you and I, the one with the long wooden nose is you, not me. I have eviodence i gladly will and have shared with those who want to see it and I have no reason to maliciously spread lies about Evony, I am simply not that kind of person. I am an advocate in my everyday life, all I am doing here is simply advocating for whats right and wrong. To set the record straight, any TOS I might have been breaking (along with every other single player on SS60) I no longer am as I want to be sure to stay within Evony TOS. I find it funny that your report, in some broken English Mike,  almost echoes Evony staff. Go ahead and try to smear my name but my allegations are based on facts with proof which you cant deny or take away. get in contact with me I would be MORE than happy to share it with you.

Merrow

AUTHOR: Mike - (United States of America)

Furthermore I have dropped all accounts but my main and I am being sure to follow Evony LLC very sketchy TOS. I also specified when I originally submitted my complaint with the screen shot that the screen shot was sent to me.

I am sticking up for evony here but, Merrow you just stated Publicly that u had more then 1 account any 1 person on evony that has more then 1 account Has Broken the TOS of evony, There fore. You get no help from them They were more then NICE to leave your accounts open they have the right to take your accounts and all your money you have spent on evony and not give you a single dime back you just gave your self up. You have no proof of nothing you say what so ever. If i was evony i would ban you cause You jsut told them you bot and have more then 1 account on there game.  Evony does not Handle any IP stuff that is your own fault and cant even be done as you say More lies the server stirred up to blame someone else. You can not share your information with people You were Most likly IP banned from the server because you had so many accounts logging at the same time from your bot That is why evony put Ip banning for a certain amount of time to stop botters such as your self from even logging  the server.  Everyone needs to ignore merrows Ripoff report Because it  is all false of what she is saying and evony needs to ban you. Enjoy you night. I am a witness to  her actions and lies She harresses the person she is talking about none stop as you see here as well. Its a none stop thing with her.   If any 1 person breaks evonys TOS  Evony can do what they want Because everything is in the TOS and merrow you have broken every rule.  You exaggerate way to much as well as i noticed.

Evony LLC using Blackmail to quiet victimized customers, even more dirt!

AUTHOR: Merrow757 - (United States of America)

Threatening to close accounts as blackmail 12/12/2012
Last week my ip was stolen by a man who is in an enemy alliance (to me) in the online game, Evony. Evony is a wealthy company that has hundreds of servers and many paying to play members. A package on evony costs $30.00 for the typical sized package though they have larger packages exceeding $1,000. I myself am a paying player, I used to buy more packages than I have in the past few months. Evony has always been known for their stingy ways and poor customer service but recently has outdone themselves to me. Before i get started on the details let me say this, I have found no working phone number or means to communicate with anyone in charge at Evony other than one man (Thatium aka Philip) who lets people dip their hands in the cookie jar and does not treat his customers fairly.

This same man who stole my IP is also a player who monopolizes the server, running thousands (yeah i just said THOUSANDS) of accounts to feed his main army as well as unfairly fill the state to stalk or hunt anyone (edited 12/16/2012) , hacked my net so that a person in his alliance could hit me. This man has been to federal prison for hacking hundreds of military and government webpages while working as one of the leaders to a group named "world of hell", a group of hackers who pride themselves in being able to hack even the most secure sites. According to the federal probation and parole board located here in SE Virginia, this man is currently no longer being supervised by the federal government. Now aside from feeling very violated over someone tampering with my computer and my internet connection I am outraged at the way evony customer support has been treating me. They have ignored my complaints and closed their eyes to the evidence i have submitted to them. I was in a voice call when it happened and I saved screen shots of the skype conversation with the man who knocked out my net. Later that day i got passed a screen shot of a conversation in this mans alliance where he not only admits to doing it but brags about it as well. I reported this in detail to evony and they have refused to do anything even though this player clearly has broken not only their rules and tos but also the law. I should mention that 98% of the people on my server run bots because evony has allowed people such as this man, game name mistake, aka hacker, and a few others like him to utilize every possible cheat, hack and exploit and the rest of us are forced to run bots just to try to stay alive from this massive rule breaking player. Anyway after a few mails back and forth with evony, and submitting ALOT of legit, indisputable evidence I received this mail today:

"Phil Dec 12 2012, 01:18 PM

Greetings,

CSR Thantium"

I am too afraid to respond as I dont want to see my account closed after the time and money I have put into it. But wow. I find it sickening that this company not only ignores crime going on through their server but enables it by allowing this player to continue his unfair rampage in a game that other pay for and would like to enjoy too.

UPDATE: 12/16/2012
So, even though the entire server (SS60) bots and multi accounts, and logs for each other in an attempt to avoid losing cities to people , like the man who is knocking people offline so they can be attacked in game, I am not playing like everyone else. I am running ONE account and not using any bots or third party gaming software. All of this can be confirmed by evony staff since they apparently keep such good track of who logs in from where. ANYWAY so I communicated further with the company when I filed this report, asking anyone in the company to please get me in contact with CSR Thantiums supervisor bc I was outraged over the sarcastic demeaning tone he took to me. Here is what I have summed up this whole thing to. Evony allows advanced servers such as SS60 to bot, if they allow it for everyone then they can continue to collect peoples money and not be responsible for addressing anyone concerns over game play bc botting is against TOS. I would compare it to the following scenario.  A drug addict , while breaking the law using drugs, gets raped by another drug addict. She goes to authorites and they say "sorry miss you break the law by using drugs so we arent going to help you". both people have broken the law by abusing drugs and therefore the greater crime of rape is ignored by authorities, who by ignoring it open the door for more serious offenses.  I am American and of course this should never go on in our actual society because IT IS WRONG. Evony has allowed server after server of people to break the TOS, when you allow a few people to break the rules so they can gain an advantage on other players, the entire server becomes a Shark Tank. I am including a mail from Dave Mata, an Evony LLC employee.

"Hi there, I read your ticket earlier this week, and saw your rip off report yesterday. Talk about being treated unfairly.

I remember your issue and here are a couple things I want you to think about.
Firstly - You sent a ticket with screen shots from your bot. I asked CS to immediately and permanently ban your account.
Second - If you have issues outside of Evony, which as you claim another player actually impacted your internet connection, you'll need to make sure you aren't giving away important passwords, and you'll need to have a long chat with the security people at your ISP, and they will help you file a police report.
Third - Every player deserves a good playing atmosphere, every player also deserves to have the right to receive the treatment from others that they give to others, often when we investigate complaints such as harassment, we find that the complainant is often at least partially responsible for the situation.

Due to your violations of the TOS you are not eligible for customer support. If your internet connection was attacked, you'll need to work with your ISP to investigate their security breach, and make the appropriate reports to the police.

Your alliance mate, or whomever he is, is not staff, nor is he "tight" with staff. Any staff member found participating in situations like this gets dismissed, immediately. Staff don't place their jobs at risk for player disagreements.

I'll have a chat with Thantium and his manager. I'm also going to request that you take off that report from that website. It's an unfortunate situation that has occurred, but you need to handle your security problems with your internet connection, as we can't do anything about that.

You can also block the player in order to effectively ignore them, as well as report them for harassment."

Now, that was 2 days ago and as of yet my account is not banned but still in voluntary holiday where I am PAYING to keep it. Furthermore I have dropped all accounts but my main and I am being sure to follow Evony LLC very sketchy TOS. I also specified when I originally submitted my complaint with the screen shot that the screen shot was sent to me, I did not take it myself, I am not even in that alliance, nor do the time stamps even match up to my time zone. I am getting pretty used to evony threatneing to close my account if i dont STFU. thats pretty much the bottom line, but I am not scared, its a game and I will press this matter legally if we cant resolve this in a civil, fair manner. Now aside from posting my complaint here I have also taken my concerns to the BBB as well as other gaming forums and complaint lines. I have the proof to back up what I am alleging and have no problerm sharing it, but I will not be threatened, bullied or intimidated into hiding the facts which EVONY is trying to keep a secret here.  So to sum it up in one sentence "Evony will collect money from rule breakers but they don't owe you squat in customer support"