• Report: #820058

Examiner.Com
Denver, Colorado United States of America

Examiner.Com Very Shady Company in Denver, Colorado

*General Comment: You are not an employee of Examiner.com

*Author of original report: Nice try..but...

*Consumer Comment: I'll take a stab at this one.

As a contributor to Examiner.com, and with the hope of playing a greater role in the company, I decided to visit their headquarters when I was in downtown Denver. The office was in a skyscraper, on a floor that was not accessible by elevator or stairs. If one wants to see their office, an employee must come down to the lobby to meet you. I did this, and was rudely turned away, despite informing the employee that I had written two columns for examiner.com from the inception of the website. This did not matter, nor did my interest in further employment. I was simply and rudely turned away and not even allowed into their office. What kind of organization runs their business like this?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2012 11:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ExaminerCom/Denver-Colorado-/ExaminerCom-Very-Shady-Company-in-Denver-Colorado-820058. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Examiner.Com

#1 General Comment

You are not an employee of Examiner.com

AUTHOR: RachaelMM - (United States of America)

Persons who write for Examiner.com, by definition, are contractors, freelance writers, not employees of Examiner.com - this is very clearly spelled out in your contract. While it was a bit rude for them to turn you away, you did not have an appointment, they're busy, and you are not an employee, you are an independent contractor.

I have been writing for Examiner.com for three years. While there are many changes and they can be frustrating, I make a pretty decent living doing what I do.

Nice try..but...

AUTHOR: j.t. odd - (United States of America)

That is not the way to treat someone who is making money for you. I realize that I am barely above a peon in this hierarchy. But why would this "citizen-driven" website so severely restrict access to their HQ? I was not making a sales call, I was actually an employee of the company! You do not think that is shady?

I'll take a stab at this one.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

My guess is that you are not the VIP that you thought you were.

". What kind of organization runs their business like this? "

The kind of organization that is full of busy people who cannot drop what they are doing to cater to your ego.   If you really were that important to the company, they would have allocated resources to accomodate your visit.   Now you know where you stand.

I wouldn't call that a ripoff.   It's just a fact of life.