characterized

• Updated: Mon, August 01, 2011

• Reported By: rene — burnaby British Columbia Canada
Excalibur Hotel Resort and Casino
3580 Las Vegas Boulveard Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

Excalibur Hotel Resort and Casino Theft in Excalibur Hotel Rooms Las Vegas, Nevada

This is a warning to everyone who stays at the Excalibur hotel.  I was a recent victim of room theft that occured on Sunday, July 31st between midnight and 4:00AM.   The theft also occured while I was in the room sleeping.    This was a frightening thought.   Here is my story.

Just arriving from a Grand Canyon tour, I took a quick shower and left the room around 11:45PM on Saturday night to explore the strip.  I came back around 3:30AM and went to a deep sleep from the long day.   Upon waking up at 10:00AM, I found that jewelry and clothing items were missing from where I had left them only a few hours before when I arrived.     Sadly, they took my wedding ring, souvenirs I had purchased and clothing.   Why?  How?   I was baffled and even second guessed myself in the process, thinking maybe I had forgotten or misplaced them.   However my friend who was on the other bed quickly mentioned that he was missing $350 from his wallet.

We had reported this the security office.  The officer came into room and in a nut shell, gave us a incident report.  I had asked for an escalation contact and was denied any information.   I spoke with the hotel manager and she gave me the security manager, a gentleman named Mike Morrill.  I will get in touch with him and will attempt to reach the highest level of authority I can.   I know I will never get my items back, but at least I would like to protect others from being victimized.

If you google this excalibur theft, you will find a few articles on a possible inside job within the Excalibur organization.   Anyone who is reading this and had a similar experience.  I need your help.  Any information would be great as this will go directly to the BBB and other organizations.
Items getting stolen was sad.  However the thought of someone entering my room while sleeping is an assault and invasion.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2011 12:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Excalibur-Hotel-Resort-and-Casino/Las-Vegas-Nevada-/Excalibur-Hotel-Resort-and-Casino-Theft-in-Excalibur-Hotel-Rooms-Las-Vegas-Nevada-759243. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Excalibur Hotel Resort and Casino