stick

Complaint Review: Excel Copier Systems, Aka Excel Business Systems, Aka Kevin Byram

• Submitted: Thu, March 23, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, April 22, 2006

• Reported By:Tempe Arizona
Excel Copier Systems, Aka Excel Business Systems, Aka Kevin Byram
2415 E Camelback Rd Ste 700 Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Excel Copier Systems, Excel Business Systems, Kevin Byram Scam Fraud, Dishonest Rip Off Artist Phoenix Arizona

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: BAD PAYER AND THE MISINFORMED

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: My Response To Tom's Rebuttal

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: CUSTOMER SATISFACTION IS OUR #1 PRIORITY

Kevin Byram, who is supposedly the Vice President of the non-existent (I suspect) Excel Copier Systems, does not live up to the terms of his contracts. (I have discovered he is not licensed to sell copiers in the state of Arizona, so I suspect my contract with him is null & void anyway.) I am supposed to receive a check from him every month for my old copier, which I have never received on time. As of this writing, I have not received payment from him for 3 months now. He will not respond to any of the e-mails, voice mails, or pages I have sent him. There are at least 2 other individuals in Arizona who are going through the same thing with him as I am. He has become verbally abusive to one of these other people. I dare him to try that with me should he ever show up here again. I now have to pay out of my pocket for maintenance on my copier, which should have been free. If you are contacted by this individual or anyone else from Excel Copier Systems, or Excel Business Systems, do not do any business with them lest you become a victim as we did.

Rick
Tempe, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2006 10:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Excel-Copier-Systems-Aka-Excel-Business-Systems-Aka-Kevin-Byram/Phoenix-Arizona-85016/Excel-Copier-Systems-Excel-Business-Systems-Kevin-Byram-Scam-Fraud-Dishonest-Rip-Off-Ar-182883. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Excel Copier Systems, Aka Excel Business Systems, Aka Kevin Byram

AUTHOR: Rick - (U.S.A.)

Tom, Tom, Tom. Why would I pay for a free maintenance agreement? Look at the contract I signed with Kevin. If you don't have a copy, I'll be glad to provide you with one. I have it sitting right here. Send me your fax number and I'll send it to you immediately. It comes with free maintenance and toner for the life of the contract. The way it is supposed to work is I send Richelle my meter reads on the 1st of every month. Go back and look at the e-mails I've sent her with the meter reads. (If she doesn't have them, give me your e-mail address and I'll forward them to you so you can see for yourself.) Richelle is then supposed to subtract any copy overages I have from the payment you are supposed to send me. So, if she were doing what she was supposed to according to the terms of our contract, then we would not be having this conversation right now. And just so you know, the reason we, Kevin & I, decided to send her the meter reads via e-mail is because for some reason she couldn't be bothered to send me a fax of the meter read statement. Oh and by the way, I just responded to an e-mail that Richelle sent me, which I'm sure she will share with you.

You still have not answered my questions. Why is this the only forum you'll respond to me on? My contact info is on the e-mail that I sent to Richelle. Call me if you'd like, my phone number is right there on my signature line.

If you are the President of Excel, then you need to live up to your mantra of "Customer Service Is Our Number 1 Priority". Get whoever represents you to live up to the terms of our contract. That's all I am asking. Well, that, and payment of the monies owed me from January through March of this year. As I indicated to Richelle, I will give her my meter read for April on May 1st, and then I would expect my check from you folks to be in my hands by May 15th, again as per the terms of our contract. Is that so much to ask?

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

BAD PAYER AND THE MISINFORMED

AUTHOR: Tom - (U.S.A.)

While I must say I find your verbage interesting I also find it to be false. The office you refer to as a "conference room" is an executive suite in the Esplanade/Biltmore.

Further, when bills are not paid on time, as appears to be the case with you, people become annoyed at dealing with you. This seems to be the case with Richelle and Kevin. Whether or not you pay the leasing company on time really has little to do with your not paying your service bills. I will speak with Kevin and Richelle regarding this matter. However, I must say that Kevin is in charge of the Arizona office and has been one of my best business partners.

You make mention of 5 other people. To the best of my knowledge the only companies that are mad are yours and one other, both of whom are very far behind on paying your maintenance agreements and this is why they were cancelled. Taking the personal drama out of all of this, it does appear the documentation ways out and shows that you are behind on payments.

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

My Response To Tom's Rebuttal

AUTHOR: Rick - (U.S.A.)

Tom... Then you have an individual by the name of Kevin Byram stating that he is VP of Excel Business Systems. Tell me this... Why is the address on Kevin's business card nothing more than a conference room? Why did I have a Certified letter returned to me as no such address? Why did I have a signature required DHL overnight letter returned to me for the same reason? Why won't Kevin respond to my repeated e-mails, voice mails, or pages? Why doesn't his "assistant" Richelle Guillaume respond to my inquiries? Why is your web site gone? Why did Kevin threaten bodily harm to another store owner?

As for your accusations that I don't pay, you had best double check your facts. I for one, pay all my bills on time. Check with the finance company I am leasing your copier through, I'm sure they would be happy to provide you with the correct info on my account. I provide my meter reads to Richelle via e-mail, as was agreed, and copy Kevin lest there be any confusion. Why would I do this you may ask? Because of the incompetance of Richelle, who is supposed to fax me the meter read sheet before the 1st of the month, which rarely happens.

This was the excuse Kevin used as to why I was not receiving my reimbursement check. Hog wash. If you'd like, I can have at least 5 other people in the Phoenix market contact you with the same story about Kevin and Excel. I await your response.

#7 REBUTTAL Owner of company

CUSTOMER SATISFACTION IS OUR #1 PRIORITY

AUTHOR: Tom - (U.S.A.)

I'm the President of Excel Business Systems and I've read this former client's information. What he doesn't mention is that he is some 3 months behind in paying his monthly service invoices and his maintenance plan was cancelled as a result. He is misinforming the public when he says agents of Excel never contacted him as we have numerous files of contacts by technicians, owners and customer service personnel of just such communications. If he makes good on the money owed, then we will be more than happy to resume service on his equipment. Until then, our hands are tied as we cannot service equipment when we're not getting paid.

As for the balance of what he says, let it be known that Excel Business Systems is a steadily growing business and has been for over a decade. We've built Goodwill with over 200 companies during this time. We are licensed in Scottsdale, Arizona and incorporated in Deleware, with offices in Scottsdale, Phoenix and California.

Tom Drennan