Complaint Review: Excel Telecommunications

• Submitted: Fri, April 21, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, April 21, 2006

• Reported By:Gulfport Mississippi
Excel Telecommunications
Kansas City, Missouri U.S.A.

Excel Telecommunications ripoff billing when services not available after Hurricane Katrina Kansas City Missouri

I nearly lost my home after Hurrican Katrina. As the hurricane approached landfall and I watched with horror as an evacuee in FL on August 29, 2005, I called and suspended all utilites.

Excel never stopped billing me. Even after four phone calls to different departments and several emails, they continued billing. Nearly three months later, phone service was restored to my neighborhood.

Excel continued billing, even suspending a phone service that was not even connected at the time. There was no intercommunications between departments and no one obviously could tell me who to speak with in order to cancel this service.

Once someone finally realized that my service was out, they sent a Bellsouth repairman to reconnect me and never adjusted billing.

Now I find out they have turned me over to a collection agency for outstanding fees which occured while service was not available to my area.

Gulfport, Mississippi

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2006 09:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Excel-Telecommunications/Kansas-City-Missouri/Excel-Telecommunications-ripoff-billing-when-services-not-available-after-Hurricane-Katrin-187853. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Excel Telecommunications