Complaint Review: Excelsior College

• Submitted: Sun, December 30, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, December 30, 2007

• Reported By:Coraopolis Pennsylvania
Excelsior College
7 Columbia Circle Albany, New York U.S.A.

Excelsior College Discrimination and mistreatment during exam Albany New York

This program through Excelsior College is for LPN's to get their RN degree. I passed all of the tests for the academic part and signed up to take the clinical exam, which is the final step.

My application for the clinical exam had a problem after I sent it in and the school failed to contact me about it (but this school will make sure requests for any money due are mailed promptly and regularly). Finally, when I called and asked what was going on they didn't even apologize for their mistake. They acted like it was no big deal. The school was informed that I have a disability and promised an accomadation that they did not follow through on. At the clinical site I was mistreated by unprofessional examiners who discriminated against me by treating me differently than other students and by failing me for a bogus reason.

I tried to appeal to the school, but they simply blamed me for not being prepared for the test and encouraged the purchase of their materials to help me prepare for repeating the test, which would cost another huge fee. I was also physically pushed by one of the instructors who was impatient with me. I still can't believe how poorly I was treated.

I have been a LPN for a long time and I have excellent work reviews. My disability does not prevent me from giving prudent nursing care. I have had this disability most of my adult life. I was able to perform correctly at the clinical, but 3 of the examiners were clearly annoyed with my disability. I believe that is why I was failed early in the examination.

Kathleen
Coraopolis, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2007 10:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Excelsior-College/Albany-New-York-12203/Excelsior-College-Discrimination-and-mistreatment-during-exam-Albany-New-York-295775. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Excelsior College