Complaint Review: Excelsior College

• Reported By: MikeH — Richmond Heights Ohio United States of America
Excelsior College
7 Columbia Circle Albany, New York United States of America

Excelsior College Took my Money and wont offer Refund Albany, New York

First of all, I AM PISSED OFF..............   I work very hard for my money, so for someone to just to take ALL your money and hides behind different REFUND POLICIES is upsetting to me. Not to mention the people you talk to isn't helpful, nice or understanding.

After months of research, i decided to choose "Excelsior College"  (term used loosely) to finish my Nursing degree. i submitted ALL of my transcripts and waited for them to be evaluated before i enrolled. the cost of enrollment was for me $345, which i paid in full because i was stupid and very excited to start and complete my degree.

I enrolled in January 2010, but as i was getting ready to start, my continuing divorce proceedings became increasingly demanding and vicious which made it all the more difficult to concentrate and continue with the school.

i contacted my Nursing advisors in or around later part of February to early March 2010 and made them aware of my situation and asked for guidance on wether or not to continue being enrolled in the school, i was advised to stay enrolled because should my situation be resolved in a timely manner, i will still be enrolled and wont have to pay to re-enroll again. i took their advice not knowing that when my situation became worse and i chose to withdraw entirely from the college around or before the mid March, i would be told that they DO NOT ISSUE REFUNDS.

Apparently the school has two (2) or more REFUND POLICIES.  if you search their website https://www.excelsior.edu/Excelsior_College/Excelsior_College_Courses/Course_Tuition_Information
by typing in REFUND, according to the Refund information, it states that i am entitled to a REFUND minus a certain % plus $50 processing fee.

Armed with this information, i called and spoke with the ombudsmen office and the business office which Both deals with, or knows about the Refund policy. again i was told i don't get a Refund. Asked why not, i was told because thats what i get for the school just evaluation my transcript and making it available to me and creating an online account so i may attend school virtually. Basically, i paid $345 to have a school evaluate my transcript and create an account so i may continue school.

i spoke with other students who have previously and since enrolled in the school, a few of the paid less and more than what i paid for admission but the majority only paid about/ around $30.

i again called the school and made them aware of my findings, and was told the price is on a case by case basis and to submit a letter stating your grievances for a Refund.

i will be drafting such a letter and submitting it to the school, and i am also pursuing legal actions.

with my experience with this refund issue and the staffs attitude and recent information i'm hearing, i would NEVER recommend this college.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2010 04:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Excelsior-College/Albany-New-York-12203/Excelsior-College-Took-my-Money-and-wont-offer-Refund-Albany-New-York-585297. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Excelsior College