Complaint Review: Excelsior College

• Submitted: Thu, August 21, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, February 16, 2013

• Reported By:codorus Pennsylvania
Excelsior College
excelsior.edu Albany, New York U.S.A.

Excelsior College excelsior college is really a degree mill Albany New York

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Excelsior Teachers you want us to fail Cpne test.

*General Comment: this is not a rebuttle

*General Comment: Defamation????

*Consumer Comment: YOU FAILED. Accept personal responsibility.

they say they give you an objective test to evaluate your nursing skills. what they really do is wreck your self-confidence and milk you of as much money as
possible.

Nursekickme
codorus, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2008 05:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Excelsior-College/Albany-New-York/Excelsior-College-excelsior-college-is-really-a-degree-mill-Albany-New-York-365246. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Excelsior College

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Excelsior Teachers you want us to fail Cpne test.

AUTHOR: Excessior Legal well organised Scam - (United States of America)

I want to respond directly to Excelsior Teachers and Examiners,  who are on this side and respond to each negative but honest experience that student share by blaming them for failing the test. Yes I have been told same thing: Take responsibility for you failure, don't cry to much, put panties on and be a big girl, you failed Cpne not Cpne failed you. But why don't you be honest and tell the whole truth about the Cpne test, what is really going on on the sites, but you will always have excuses , you would advise  to appeal or say we don 't know how other examiners act. Yes, you know everything, you know exactly what is going on on these test sides, I had private workshop with one of your previous teachers Doris Weir, she told me exactly that its a business to fail students.

Let me tell you, Shame on you if you make business, this way. From my own experience, I can tell you I was discriminated, humiliated, yelled by your CA Orifa, at Atlanta, Regional Hospital, even at the beginning on the first date I knew that its something wrong that she picked me from the whole group and constantly made remarks that she does not understand what I am saying, and made joke on me when I filled the forms on the fist date in the lab. When I was assigned the first lab, IV push I realized that the form on the   desk is not mine, it was used by previous student and it had answer already, when Orifa CA, was called she started literally yell at me where did I get this form, can you imagine .......she is asking me ......

i told her that this form was already on the table when I came to the station, she left the lab and finally found my papers, I felt hatred from that moment, when I started to  prepare syringes the examiner suddenly started to make some sounds like uh, uh, uh, and with papers in her hands started to cool her face, it was unbearable for me, it was so distracting, but I  had to concentrate and proceed. When I gave examiner syringe to recheck for air baubles she could not decide and called Orifa again, Orifa was busy and for some reason was not coming, so here I am again, staying wasting my time in stress that my minutes are dissapearing every second, so finally, examiner said do another syringe, Orifa came after two minutes and approved,

I almost got in 14 minutes with all that waste time. Second station IV even better, critical element was that you should lower primary bag in order to pass this station. When I got to this point to lower primary bag it was already lowered by previous student , I asked examiners what should I do with this bag already lowered, my critical element is to lower the bag, what should I do, she did not say anything just ignored me and smiled, so can you imagine to have test called Cpne and even examiners don't know what to do or just careless. On the insulin station another examiner was so impatient that rolled her eyes to let me know that it takes me along time to finish, its outrageous I am paying all these 2000$. to get these Cpne test pass, what kind of passing you are looking from us................

just creating stress and commotion to fail us. On the first patient care scenario they gave me room that had broken sink, the alcohol box was empty and again this is critical element that should be passed, so what are they testing..... how strong my nerves, or how they can break me as soon as possible, so examiner just told me to proceed without washing hands, after introducing my self to the patient and checking his Id, I started to walk around to do the safety check and just realized that is some women lying on the floor,

I was in shock at this moment I did not know what to think, she was lying on the floor with cloth on no mattress, and examiner said its ok, its patient girlfriend proceed, simple like that...when time came to do blood pressure check,  I saw that patient two arms have been with IV, and indicated that I can't do the blood presure, and I need to revoke my desicion, she said no do it on the leg, o God patient is so thin and the cuff is so big i told her that that I need to have childrens cuff in order to do proper b/p, she got so angry at me and said just do it, then patient said that the nurse did the b/p on the arm even with IV, why she can't do it.

I guess after all that situation you know what happened I failed B/p without any explanation. Examiner just runned from the room to get Orifa so fast, I mean not walked runned, runned, that  was thinking that I killed the patient. This time Orifa was in a few second, pulled me out of the room, and took me to the conference room, she throw papers in my face and demanded that  would sigh them, if i want to get another patient. When I asked what was my mistake with b/p, she said, that i should not question her but trust her. Another scenario, took 45 minutes of my time and added only 30 because patient had some procedures done.

Teacher totally omited my 20 min, check with the patient and said that I would proceed with assesments, because she knew that my time is already gone, and I would not have time to do everything I wrote on the care plan, at the end I only had 20 minutes to chart, so of course by trying to hurry up you will forget something, that is what i did i forgot to include critical element on pain notes, but I did include all the right steps on my grid and  I did perform them on the patient. When In told Orifa that you took 45 minutes of my time and added only 30, and its not enough time to chart its not possible to chart 3 forms in 20 minutes ,

she called me liar, and finally with victory smile pronounced if you don't like my decision you can complain to New York, after that comment I did not even  cry,  I understood that she will be covered, because she has this power. This power has been given to her and others Ca, by Excelsior institution they do need this to look legal in case to prove that its student's fault, to mask they foul play to make filthy money.  So Excelsior teachers stop blaming students for their failures, because your goal is not to teach but to Scam students and fail them in order to have a job an stable check. Your program has no clinicals, what are you trying to prove that you school is an honorable institution that you have 40.000 thousand nurses who passed Cpne in 25 years and you failed have a million,

students on line by creating Fake program that gives Rn degree, the whole point is to admit as much as you can an pass only 10% to show that how hard your program is, listen you have no Nursing Rn program its online Legal Scam Nursing program, who takes advantage of students who are already doomed by you, by hiding the truth about Cpne test at the begining of the program if you would disclose the truth that you fail people for one mistake, and don't even give proper preparation for this test, but make examiners look tough and fail us to let Scams prevail because they take the sweet portion of our money you take only left overs, which helps you survive day by day.

You are all  trying to hide your conscious by beliving in goods what you doing. By seeing your examiners with fake nails almost 2 inches, tattoos on the breast and hands , long fake hairs not even gathered in pony tail like you require, how dare you accuse us students failures,   to make that one mistake, and take responsibility for something that we are not prepared to deal with, by playing the dirty game with us, the truth is when we take that exam we have no idea that you have already given orders to fail us at any cost, otherwise if you would give us a fair trial it would be to many of us to pass and the program eventually would be closed. This college is corrupted by higher power, and the teaches and examiners are only the instrument of foul play.

#2 General Comment

this is not a rebuttle

AUTHOR: travelm2002 - (United States of America)

I would like the person who wrote this to contact me travelm2009@gmail.com.  I want your help.

#3 General Comment

Defamation????

AUTHOR: terribletore - (Canada)

Calling a fully accredited institution borders on defamation.  Did you research your information before posting?  Excelsior College used to be called the University of the State of New York and operated by the State of New York Department of Education.  I received my Bachelor of Arts degree based on evaluation of courses studied at the University of Windsor, the University of Guelph, the University of Toronto, etc.  The courses were evaluated  by an independent evaluator.  I had the right number of credits in the right areas and received a fully accredited Bachelor of Arts degree in Liberal Studies.  Shame, shame, shame on you for defaming a fine institution.  Perhaps next time you'll study harder and stop blaming your failures on others.  GROW UP, EH???

YOU FAILED. Accept personal responsibility.

AUTHOR: Donald - (U.S.A.)

So, what you're saying is that because YOU failed to properly prepare for the CPNE, that makes Excelsior a diploma mill? What a crock!

EC is a regionally accredited college. The nursing program has been designated as an NLN Center for Excellence in Nursing from 2008 to present year. A "diploma mill" would not be able to get either of those credentials.

64% of EC nursing students pass the CPNE on their first attempt. The other 36% of students fail because they did not adequately prepare for the exam. If you cannot take personal responsibility for your failure to properly prepare for the CPNE, then you do not need to be a nurse.

Stop externalizing and stop being a baby about it.

engineer