Complaint Review: Exede Internet

• Updated: Thu, February 20, 2014

• Reported By: Virginia Navasota — College Station Texas
Exede Internet
Internet, Texas USA

Exede Internet Wild Blue False Information/mailed to you after you signed up with Direct Internet Texas

*Author of original report: Exede Internet Customer Response

*UPDATE Employee: I'd like to help

*Consumer Comment: Always Call A LOCAL Exede Dealer

Made several calls to complain about very slow internet and goes out continously. They gave us more megabits and charged us accordingly. Calling in every three weeks to complain of same issues and to this date not resolved. The woman I spoke with told me to fax info but refused to give me number. Asked how much it would cost to discontinue the 24 month contract that we were not properly informed about until after the fact!! She said "depends on where you fax it"

That was end of conversations and still not satisfied. Funny thing is two days after all this the speed is par. I have told them I am consistently complaining and want out. Still to this day no satisfaction. Please help. I want out of this!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2014 09:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Exede-Internet/Internet-Texas/Exede-Internet-Wild-Blue-False-Informationmailed-to-you-after-you-signed-up-with-Direct-1125080. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Exede Internet

Exede Internet Customer Response

AUTHOR: Virginia N - ()

Yahoo must be doing something because I have not been able to get our mail. But I finally sent information on how to comtact me. I hope to hear from you soon and resolve this problem.

I'd like to help

AUTHOR: Exede Josh - ()

Virginia, I am sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience trying to get assistance.  I can most certainly help. Please email me at exedelistens@viasat.com with your name, telephone number and the best time to call.  Thanks.

Always Call A LOCAL Exede Dealer

AUTHOR: LakeCountrySat Exede Elite Dealer - ()

My name is David Varner and I am an Elite Dealer with Exede.  When you ordered your service, did you look for a local dealer or did you respond to an advertisement?  If you did the later, unfortunately you probably reached an independent marketing company that sells multiple products and services and not Exede.  From my experience these companies have one goal, close the sale.  Unfortunately, because they do sell multiple products, Hughes Net, Dish Net, Cable, DSL, etc, their agents may blur the lines to get the sale.

If you go to www.exede.com you will find all the disclosures as well as the ability to find a local dealer in your area.  You can also visit our web site www.lakecountrysat.com to read more information about the Exede product and our company.  Exede truly is the best thing out there for folks who live in a rural area.  We are set up to sell Hughes and Dish as well, and in my professional opinion, Exede has the very best product, service, and speed over the rest.  However, if you are streaming video 24/7 or gamming online, you are going to eat up your allotted bandwidth really quick.

Unlike the cell phone companies that don't slow you down when you go over your limit, but send you a huge overage bill.  Exede will send you a warning email when you get to 70% of your usage.  This email is sent out to the email that you gave when the account was first set up.  In addition to this, you can check your usage daily by logging into your account.  Again when you go over, you are sent out another email notification.  Your service will be slowed down to about 10 times faster than the average dial up speed, but you will not be charged.  At the slowed speed you can still browse the web, send and receive emails, but videos and large file downloads will be really slow.  Exede does have a Late Night Free Zone every night in which your speeds are restored to full speed and the data is unlimited.

As far as the cancellation process that you are describing, that is the first I have heard of that.  Exede's cancellation policy is plain and simple.  It will cost you $15/month for any months left in your contract.  You must return the modem, power supply, and TRIA (the transmitter on the end of the dish).  If these are not returned, you will be charged for them, as they do not belong to you, but to Exede.  There is nothing to fax anywhere.  You just speak with the customer service agent at 866-945-3258.

If you would like to call me, I can be reached at 866-273-4426.  I can take a look at your signal and usage and see if there is a problem.  Exede, really is a great product and they truly care about their customers.

hide