Complaint Review: Exhart - Mole Mover

• Submitted: Mon, December 26, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, September 19, 2012

• Reported By:Pryor Creek Oklahoma
Exhart - Mole Mover
20700 Dearborn Street Chatsworth, California U.S.A.

Exhart - Molemover ripoff false or misleading advertising Chatsworth California

*Consumer Comment: molemover

*Consumer Comment: Read the Documentation? Worked for me.

I bought four of the Molemovers (at a cost of over $60 plus all the batteries) because of the advertising on the package - "helps eliminate burrowing rodents easily and effective". It does no such thing. I have had them in the ground for over 3 months. The moles actually come within inches of the stake. I stongly suggest that no one buys this product. In fact today, December 26th, I was in my yard repairing damage from the moles while listening to the Molemover beep every 28 seconds.

Also today, I started with a new product called Talpirid by Bell Laboratories since I do have big problem with moles.

When I emailed them regarding the product I even invited them to my yard to see for themselves. Of course no one responded.

Don
Pryor Creek, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2005 05:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Exhart-Mole-Mover/Chatsworth-California-91311/Exhart-Molemover-ripoff-false-or-misleading-advertising-Chatsworth-California-169342. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Exhart - Mole Mover

molemover

AUTHOR: Jackie - (United States of America)

I have used this item and it worked for me.  I have 2.5 acres and it moved the moles from the top acre to the top acre and they have not come back up to the top acre.  So my opinion is that this item does work.  I used 3 of them in the top acre.  Anyway....... I liked it

Read the Documentation? Worked for me.

AUTHOR: mitchell s - (United States of America)

The product comes with documentation that clearly states:

"You may notice increased activity within the first 2-3 weeks of using this product.  Burrowing rodents are very territorial and this product agitates their senses.  Often times, the pests will burrow up to the unit out of curiosity.  We have found this to be normal activity and will cease shortly.  Once they realize the sound and vibration are continuous, they usually leave the area."

Numerous people writing reviews of this product elsewhere (exa: amazon) have documented this behaviour and report that the product in fact works and does what it says it does.

I have two in the ground and they seem to be working.

The author of this report fails to specify whether the approach to the placement happened shortly after placement or months later (or did not take note of it), which is relevant per the documentation; I don't think this is a valid "rip off report", it may be a case of someone just not paying attention.

Also, the effective range of one of these things is approx. 30 feet, and so if you place one on a big lawn, it is going to just push the critters out, you're recommended to use several in an overlapping placement to effectively clear larger areas.  This too is clearly stated on the product packaging and in its documentation...