Complaint Review: Exim America Corporation

• Updated: Thu, June 11, 2009

• Reported By:NY New York
Exim America Corporation
www.eximamericacorp.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Exim America Corporation is a fake company that asks for thousands of Euros from foreign companies to sell their products in the USA. The companies pay the service, but they do not receive any orders as agreeds. Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: Same scam in Germany, also signed by Tom Ford

*Author of original report: Exim America Corp, Exim America Corporation Miami

*Author of original report: Exim America Corp

*Author of original report: Exim America Corp

*Author of original report: Exim America, Alimentaria, export import

I received the below fax from the company EXIM AMERICA CORP., www.eximamericacorp.com, eximamerica@aol.com, saying they have two offices: in New York 275 Madison Avenue, 429 Lenox Avenue Miami.

Objeto: Venta de productos seleccionados en Estados Unidos

Estimado Gerente,

Nuestro personal responsable de compras nos ha indicado que sus productos son de sumo interes para el mercado americano, dado que las grandes cadenas de ventas, mayoristas e importadores americanos estan solicitando productos parecidos a los que usted vende.

Nuestra red de vendedores se extiende por toda America y estamos en condiciones de introducir sus productos en las 100 cadenas de venta mas importantes, a los mayoristas, y a los importadores americanos. Ademas, los productos estaran expuestos de forma gratuita en nuestros stands de exposicion en las principales ferias americanas.

Creo que es de interes para ambos colaborar para vender sus productos a los compradores americanos interesados. Espero su llamada o si prefiere, puede enviar el cupon siguiente, lo contactaremos a la brevedad.

Espero su respuesta.

Saludos cordiales

Tom Ford

Enviar por fax al numero (001)305 028 4550

Deseo recibir informacion para vender mis productos en Estados Unidos..

I filled in the form and shortly was contacted by a person from Exim America Corp. They could not tell me where they saw our products, but they claimed that there was a strong interest in this product in the United States.

They offered us to sell our products, and sent us a contract in which they confirm that the products are considered having a strong interest by the american buyers, as well as their buying agents.

Exim America is taking the charge to funcion as our commercial office in the USA.

Their agents will sell the products to wholesalers, chains, and distributers, in order to get orders of 20.000 Euros, monthly, or 40.000 Euros, which would be 250.000 Euros or 500.000 per year.

During this time the products would be exhibited in two important trade shows in the United States.

The collaboration is monthly, and would be renovated monthly.

The cost of the program would be 1000 or 2000 or 3000 Euros monthly, depending on how much they "promise to sell".

The american buyers will have to pay by bank transfer or credit card.

In case of renewing the collaboration of 12 months, Exim America, will pay back 6.000 Euros if the company did not receive the orders promised by Exim America.

I signed the contract and sent it to Exim America, and sent them a collection of our products to show at a trade show in NY.

After the trade show I received the following report:

Informe acontecimientos en las ferias de Nueva York.

Por la presente le confirmo que segun lo acordado, sus productos fueron expuestos en la feria que se realizare en Nueva York del 4 al 6 de Enero de 2009.

La concurrencia a la feria fue buena. Varios compradores visitaron los stands y encontraron sus productos muy interesantes.

Nuestro personal de venta tuvo la tarea de brindar todas las informaciones referentes a sus productos y explicar sus caracteristicas a los potenciales compradores.

Se iniciaron varios contactos con compradores y tendran lugar otros follow-up.

El resultado fue positivo, y consideramos que se puede efectuar un buen trabajo.

Lo mantendremos informado de los futuros acontecimientos.

Le agradezco de antemano la atencion brindada y le envio mis

cordiales saludos
Tom Ford

They also phoned me saying that the trade show went well, but we had to be patient to receive orders. We were also asked to pay the second monthly rate, another 2.000 Euros, which we refused, as we were promised to receive orders from the first month for 40.000 Euros.

They could never give us any reference of any companies collaborating with them. Exim America that says to have offices in Miami, and NY for some reason is registered in the state of Deleware, as we found out.

I would like to warn all the companies, please do not beleive to Exim America, they will charge you but will never get you no business.

Roberto perez
NY, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2009 08:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Exim-America-Corporation/nationwide/Exim-America-Corporation-is-a-fake-company-that-asks-for-thousands-of-Euros-from-foreign-c-414310. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Exim America Corporation

Same scam in Germany, also signed by Tom Ford

AUTHOR: Herald - (Germany)

Exim America contacts companies in Germany in the exact same way; same text, as far as I can tell (my Spanish is not good), translated to German. I received this a good year ago, and friends operating their own business received the same fax. I contacted them, a women probably in her late 30s or early 40s, native German speaker, gave me a call back. She told me a lot of bla bla of how their experts looked at the product and thought there was demand. Since she had obviously no experience in the product i manufacture I demanded to speak to one of the "Experts" to see how they wanted to proceed. She told me that they were currently on trade shows, and urged me to sign soon as there would be a trade show for my products in a very short period of time (strangely, she did not know when exactly). I told her I'd stop by their NY office on my trip to America which was planned for next week anyways (I was actively looking for sales reps at that time and was going to meet with several in NEw York), which I did. There is no office, the girls at the recetption of the floor where Exim claims to have offices didn't even know the name. Complete con artist show. I have recently received another fax from a different company, but the content looks very familiar, I am almost certain it's the same group of people, my suggestion would be to stay clear of anything of similar content.

Exim America Corp, Exim America Corporation Miami

AUTHOR: Roberto perez - (U.S.A.)

Attenzione con Exim America Corp. non ci credete!

Cuidado con esta empresa! es una estafa!

Achtung! Die Firma gibt es nicht! Aufpassen!

Attention, s'il vous plait: regardez a:

Exim America Corp

estafa para empresas europeas.
fake company in USA

AUTHOR: Roberto perez - (U.S.A.)

We truely beleive when a company asks their employees to lie, or when the company lies that their business is not correct.

Exim America Corp asked their employee several times to lie to clients. They maintain relationship with employees worldwide on skype. The person in charge might be Mr. Tom Ford, who knows if this person exists. And there is Pascal who does not even have a family name or professional email address. The only thing we know that he uses skype, and he uses that all the time. His username is eximpascal, his assistant is Vincent and the only thing we know about him is username is eximvincent. They are both Italians. Why do they ask their employees to lie about themselves and lie to clients?

Exim America, Alimentaria, export import

AUTHOR: Roberto perez - (U.S.A.)

The person in charge of the consulents is called Mr. Pascal. Mr. Pascal does not even have a family name, not even people work with him know it.. Don't you think it is strange? His professional email address is eximamerica@aol.com, but they use email addresses like eximamerica@gmail.com or eximamericacorp@gmail.com. Mr. Pascal says he comes from Switzerland, but he is Italian... Who knows who these people are? We never dealt with companies that do not have a professional email, and do not want to tell you their family names... Is it because they are fake and not honest???!!!

Don't you think that a professional company have professional email addressess and telephone numbers? They have one telephone number for everyone. How come even being a client you cannot call your contact at Exim America? The answer is because they are fake. Honest companies have telephone numbers, and you can contact them in case you have a problem...

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

I think my first clue this wasn't quite right when the salutation began
Estimado Gerente and NOT Estimado Gente which is how it would probably read here where I live.

But the rest of it read OK and I am wondering if our friends in the mud hut internet cafe in Lagos or wherever found a translator because when I read it -- IT WAS THE NIGERIAN EMPLOYMENT SCAM: THE SALES REPRESENTATIVE JOB VARIATION IN SPANISH.

I had never seen one of those before and I read and write and correspond quite a bit in our dialect of Spanish here and occasionally I try it in a more proper Castillian Spanish.

I think another clue was when the signature ( firma) was from Paul Ford and not a more Hispanic sounding name.