Complaint Review: Exotic Motorcars

• Updated: Sun, May 01, 2011

• Reported By: Langw — Bradenton Florida United States of America
Exotic Motorcars
41041 US Highway 19 North Tarpon Springs, Florida United States of America

Exotic Motorcars Violation of Federal Trade Commission Used Car Rule - Unfair & Deceptive Acts & Practices Tarpon Springs, Florida

I purchased a 1994 Ford Thunderbird from Exotic Motorcars on September 22, 2010 for $4,000.00.  I told Cesar, the salesperson, that I needed a reliable vehicle to drive back and forth to work with. I was told by Cesar the vehicle was in perfect running condition.

A week after purchasing the vehicle while driving the car from Tarpon Springs to Bradenton it broke-down over the Sky Way Bridge. I had to have it towed to a mechanic. Mechanic told me the vehicle had blown gaskets and other problems and it wasn't worth repairing.

I telephone and wrote letters to Peter Nasr, the owner asking him to please repair the vehicle or just take it back and give me my money back. He ignored my phone calls and letters. The vehicle now sits in my parent's garage and I am paying the loan on a vehicle that is inoperable.

In doing so research I have found that even if you purchase a vehicle "As Is", in the state of Florida that there is a implied warranty of Fitness for a particular purpose. I told the salesman that I needed a reliable vehicle to drive back and forth to work daily, therefore, I trusted him when he told me that the vehicle was in perfect working condition.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2011 09:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Exotic-Motorcars/Tarpon-Springs-Florida-34689/Exotic-Motorcars-Violation-of-Federal-Trade-Commission-Used-Car-Rule-Unfair-Deceptive-724235. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Exotic Motorcars