Complaint Review: Exoto Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, March 25, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, March 26, 2013

• Reported By: Eduard — Santa clara California
Exoto Inc.
5440 Atlantis Court Internet United States of America

Exoto Inc. do not want to return money for damaged items Internet

I placed my order ORDW022012 12/19/2012. There were two 1/18 Humvees: one TDT01803 Humvee Wagon Black for $399.48 and TDT01805 Humvee Soft-Top Red on sale for $98.95.

Both items I received were damaged: Wagon with detached driver's seat and Soft-Top covered with metal dust. The day I received the items 12/28/2012 I called Exoto and left a voice message and sent email about the issue. No response! I called them, spoke with their customer support representative Shane, sent pictures of damaged items by Shane's request, sent items back by UPS 01/11/2013.

Because UPS used same track number for back shipping and there was some confusion in their track history, Shane ACCUSED me of fraud (that I had bought somewhere else damaged items and was trying to return to Exoto). I had to call to UPS and ask them to send official confirmation when I received the items and when I sent them back. I had to do it on my own, no attempts from them.

After they agreed that damaged items were sent by them, Shane said that they would return money with 20% CANCELATION FEE and to their EXOTO ACCOUNT. Is it really cancellation? Shane said I had to speak with their CEO Tony about refund. Reaching Tony is one more story! He is never in the office; he is working from home (but can't call back). When I finally managed to talk to him in the middle of JANUARY, he agreed to issue refund. He told me that I shouldve let the system work.

I thought that story was over, but I was wrong. I waited for a month (!) for a refund. Nothing! In the middle of February a week later after every day call, Shane told me that they had issued refund on my card. I wait for a week. Nothing! Than they "sent" check by mail, but the check have never reached me. As result, now is the end of March and it's been TWO MONTH since Tony agreed to issue refund, but every day I hear "tomorrow", "yesterday", "next week". Tony, I think this period is enough for any system to work!

The nature of damages is clearly not UPS's fault, but I'm sure, Exoto charged UPS for this. They NEVER NEVER NEVER call back or respond! Shane called back once: to accuse me of fraud.

CEO Tony uses deceived customers money. According to the similar reports, he acts as good guy in charge that just doesnt know. But he knows! Its the part of their business and the game! Theyre clear example of what company shouldnt be.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2013 11:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Exoto-Inc/internet/Exoto-Inc-do-not-want-to-return-money-for-damaged-items-Internet-1037985. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Exoto Inc.