tractor

• Updated: Thu, May 22, 2008

• Reported By:Slidell Louisiana
Expedia - Expedia.com - Hotels.com
http://www.expedia.com Internet U.S.A.

Expedia - Expedia.com - Hotels.com Deceptive practices poor customer service Internet

I purchased a package trip on Expedia.com and later had to cancel the trip. I was fully informed on Expedias airline cancellation policies, that the amount would be credited by the airline, but when booking the package, the itinerary clearly stated that the hotel & car were refundable. When I checked the itinerary later , it had changed to non refundable. I would never even have booked the package if it had been marked non refundable or non creditable - who would? Expedia's customer service then refused to provide me with a full accounting of what they were charging so that I could immediately dispute the charges with VISA. I would advise credit card companies to disallow charges from travel companies such as Expedia who fail to provide refunds for non used hotels cancelled well in advance. I would like to disrecommend people from using Expedia if there is the slightest chance that they may ever have to cancel the trip and would be expecting their non used hotel fees to be refunded minus a reasonable cancellation fee. This not only has discouraged me against ever again using Expedia or Hotels.com(since I understand they are the same company), but it has soured my relationship with the particular hotel in question. I would recommend that hotels who value their reputation not deal with Expedia / Hotels.com and instead develop their own superior reservation system that completely bypasses Expedia.

Cici
Slidell, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2008 11:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Expedia-Expediacom-Hotelscom/internet/Expedia-Expediacom-Hotelscom-Deceptive-practices-poor-customer-service-Internet-334247. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Expedia - Expedia.com - Hotels.com