Complaint Review: Expedia

Expedia
Internet, North Carolina United States of America

Expedia Unpublished Rate Buyer Beware!! Internet, North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: You should have read what you may get

Expedia Unpublished Rate Buyer Beware!!

Today (01/30/2012) I booked an night in Savannah Ga in the Historic District for a Four Star Hotel. Once it was booked I am notified that the hotel will be The Westin Savannah Harbor Resort & Spa which by any stretch of the imagination is not located in the historic district, it is located across the river .8 of a mile by water. I immediately called Expedia, I was told that since it was a unpublished rate hotel basiclly tough Sh*t!! I asked to speak with a supervisor and was offered a future $50 credit.

I called my bank to reverse charges and was told that a claim would have to be filed and it could take upto 90 days for it to be settled. I accepted the $50 credit and once I have used it I will never use Expedia again. My experience in the past 10 years with Expedia has been good, but the customer service seems to have been outsourced.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2012 03:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Expedia/Internet-North-Carolina-/Expedia-Unpublished-Rate-Buyer-Beware-Internet-North-Carolina-831323. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Expedia

You should have read what you may get

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

I checked out and while I don't know the specific name I have a feeling that it is the same Hotel.

First of all the post said "4-Star Savannah Historic District Area Hotel".  Notice the word underlined that you seemed to miss.  It says "area" and if you are only .8 miles(granted by water) from where you want to be I would think that by any stretch of the imagination that would qualify as "area".

Second, it has a link to a map and the map DOES include the area on the other side of the river where the actual historic district is located.