Complaint Review: Expedia

• Updated: Tue, April 24, 2012

• Reported By: Ian S. — Portland Oregon United States of America
Expedia
4200 150th Ave. NE Redmond, Washington United States of America

Expedia Expedia Travel, expedia.com No Refund on ticket when there was unavoidable emergency surgery in my family Redmond, Washington

*Consumer Comment: Expedia

*Consumer Suggestion: WHAT DID THE INSURANCE COVER?

These guys are nothing but criminals. Expedia has the poorest customer service policy I have ever encountered. We had a trip planed with through them and had to cancel due to an emergency surgery and did not receive a refund or any comparable offering. Instead, we were ripped off $150 per passenger which ended up being nearly half the cost of the ticket leaving us with a useless "credit" to use on future flights for up to a yeargee, thanks. So basically, not only did I suffer a surgery in my family and was not able to go on a vacation, but I was also ripped off by Expedia for nearly half the amount of my ticket for something that was out of my control, and all of this for not using any airlines or causing any financial burden to any institutions.

How can a company like this get away with this? How can the CEO sleep at night? What kind of service is that? How can someone ever feel comfortable using such a service again? I tried to book a flight and since I only have a fraction of my money and a year to use the "credit" I have no choice but to pay a higher fee to travel at a time I do not want to travel. So in essence, I got ripped off already for the so-called cancellation fee and now they expect me to pay more money to them... Criminals.

And, to top it off, I bought insurance on the flight through Expedia. They never mentioned it. It was as if it did not happen. The insurance was meant to cover things like cancellations as I have 2 little children and did not want to be in a pickle if something went wrong or I could not make the flight.

Do yourself a favor and don't use these guys. They are criminals of the worst kind. Like someone selling you a fake rolex while his buddy robs your pockets...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2011 11:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Expedia/Redmond-Washington-98052/Expedia-Expedia-Travel-expediacom-No-Refund-on-ticket-when-there-was-unavoidable-emergen-684960. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Expedia

Expedia

AUTHOR: Steve Hansen - (United States of America)

Check out my complaint against BerKeleyCare, Expedia's travel insurance carrier, by going to the following URL: www.repiffreport.com and searching that site "BerkeleyCare).  These guys are stinkers.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

WHAT DID THE INSURANCE COVER?

AUTHOR: Karl - (U.S.A.)

Did you read the coverage on the insurance before you paid for it? What did it cover?

Next time book directly with the airline. Southwest has no cancellation fees which is why I travel with no other carrier. The cancellation and baggage fees on the other airlines are simply ripoffs. A company isn't paying for my travel and fees so I'm not throwing money down the drain. Stick with SWA next time and book directly with the airline.