Complaint Review: Expedia

• Reported By: JKC — Toronto Ontario
Expedia
Internet USA

Expedia Bait and switch Internet

Went online to book a flight from Toronto Canada to London UK. Best price keep coming up on the Expedia web site. Went through the online booking process, entered my Visa info and hit submit. Within a seconds I received an email confirming my purchase and flight times. About 30 min. later, I get a call from Expedia. They are claiming that the air line will not comfirm the flight or charges, and if I still want to go, it will cost another $800.

After fighting with there rep for over an hour, I just told them to cancel the whole reservation. 12 hours later, there web site is still showing the low price I had agreed to pay. Wonder how many customers fall for this scam? This was my first time using Expedia, and will be my last. Going to stick with Priceline! Have never had an issue with them. To close, I found the exact same flight on an other web site, with same carrier and flight times for only $80 more that the lowest original price Expedia is showing. Booked it 12 hours ago and so far, it's a go.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2013 02:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Expedia/internet/Expedia-Bait-and-switch-Internet-1063023. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Expedia