Complaint Review: Expedia

• Updated: Tue, November 15, 2011

• Reported By: Mad as Hell in TX — Katy Texas United States of America
Expedia

Expedia Expedia is a RIP OFF Internet, Internet

I called Expedia where I already had one night booked at a hotel for $74.99 and was told I could have a second night for the same price. I told them I was checking to make sure there were rooms still available and would have to check with the conferece to make sure I could attend and that I would call back. I accidentally called the hotel which told me there were rooms at $74.99 available but since I already had one night through Expedia, I called them. They bumped me another $25.00 and wouldn't back off. I was so mad and I was stuck since I didn't want to change hotels after one night that I forgot what the hotel had said and by the time I remembered, it was too late to cancel Expedia. DO NOT USE EXPEDIA! It is jusat as cheap and from what I have found out from friends, sometimes cheaper to go directly to the hotel. Cancellation is also easier. My girlfriend got sick and couldn't go to the conference and even though she calle 36 hours before check-in she was told she could not get a refund.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2011 03:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Expedia/internet/Expedia-Expedia-is-a-RIP-OFF-Internet-Internet-798346. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Expedia