Complaint Review: Expedia

• Submitted: Wed, November 09, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, November 09, 2011

• Reported By: froglon7000 — Lenexa Kansas United States of America

Expedia Would not provide Gas Card promised with purchase of trip Internet

When booking my trip through Expedia.com I was promised a $50 gas rebate card with my trip. After booking and purchasing, a few days before my trip I called customer service to confirm how the gas card worked, they confirmed it would be sent to me in 6-8 weeks after trip completion. I waited more than 8 weeks with no email or mail from Expedia regarding a gas card.

I sent an email to Expedia about 3 months after trip completion and did not receive a response. I sent another email a week later, and did not receive a response. I sent yet another email a week later and no response. I called customer service that night and was told after hours of being on the phone (and many many changes in what the story was on the gas cards, the story changed about 5 times seriously) that I was not eligible for a gift card because I did not purchase my trip with a master card.

This information was not provided to me at the time of purchase and I see that there are many people online with similar gas card complaints. The supervisor hung up on me and was not willing to offer anything other than a $50 coupon (to be used with a future Expedia trip). With all the times this persons story changed when I spoke with him I don't believe a word he said, he seemed to be grasping for straws on reasons why I couldn't have a gas card. In one instance he said that the gas card promotion was still going on but he couldn't send me one, but than later told me there is no longer a gas promotion.

Do not book a trip through Expedia as if you ever have to talk to customer service they are unwilling to hold up to their services and will do anything to avoid you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2011 08:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Expedia/internet/Expedia-Would-not-provide-Gas-Card-promised-with-purchase-of-trip-Internet-796678. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Expedia