Complaint Review: Expedia

• Submitted: Mon, March 05, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, March 05, 2012

• Reported By: Tom401 — BARRINGTON Rhode Island United States of America
Expedia

Expedia abuse of cancelled flight banking Internet

Phone service stated that I had "one year to fly" when recording a cancelled flight. Expedia reports that "their notes" say I was told that I have "one year from the original booking date to rebook." I indicated that I had the email that was sent to me which did not make the statement their records insist I had been told, and I asked them to review the recording of the transaction and they told me that the recording was for internal use only and that they would not go to the recording unless a court ordered them to do so. I was told that unless I specifically asked for an email message stating their terms, they were under no obligation to send the terms of the flight banking out to any of their customers.

The Supervisor "Chloe" lacked a full mastry of the English language (which is no biggie) but also lacked a sense of logic -- insisting that their records were accurate and that I could not possibly have been misinformed (unless I had evidence to prove that I was given the wrong information ... which they will not check themselves). How convenient ! Itin: 135773823019 I can kiss that $550 goodbye.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2012 07:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Expedia/internet/Expedia-abuse-of-cancelled-flight-banking-Internet-849193. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Expedia