Complaint Review: Expedia/Travelscape

• Reported By: RWS — Pearland Texas
Expedia/Travelscape
Internet USA

Expedia/Travelscape Verbally lied to make sell of Hotel reservation Internet

on 5/19 I was looking for a hotel in Pearl, MS on the internet for June 23-26.  I used expedia/travelscape to locate one.  I was concerned and talked to someone listed by phone# to inquire if there was a bedroom and living room at the Candlewood Inn and Suites, so that my wife and I could stay in the bedroom and my daughter could stay on a couch bed, before I clicked on "Make Reservation".  The guy on the phone assured me that would work.

Because of the price of $315.69 I understood there would be no refund for any reason.  I thought that would be O.K. since I had just been assured of the 3 people and living room provided.

I never got an email of the reservation, but I thought everything was OK.  I didn't remember the name of the hotel for sure or their address.  Finally, today 6/18, I looked at my AMEX bill and saw 112685513236877  877-283-5585 NV and called the phone number and was told yes I had the reservation and they would send me an email of the reservation.  When I got it I was shocked.  It only listed 2 people.  I called the hotel directly and was told there is no living room, just the bedroom.

What a Rip-Off!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2013 03:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ExpediaTravelscape/internet/ExpediaTravelscape-Verbally-lied-to-make-sell-of-Hotel-reservation-Internet-1060161. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Expedia/Travelscape