Complaint Review: Expedia.com New York Express Bus Service

• Submitted: Mon, December 20, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, September 07, 2006

• Reported By:pacifica California
Expedia.com New York Express Bus Service
expedia.com - nyairportservice.com/index.html Internet U.S.A.

Expedia.com New York Express Bus Service Ripoff New York

*Consumer Comment: I agree

*UPDATE Employee: How does the company know you PAID?

Bus transfer vouchers were purchased at expedia.com. (airport to hotel NY) Traveling companion didn't have time to print the voucher (no printer) before the trip. We boarded the bus in NY and explained the situation, and were told that we would have to pay the fare. We were also told to save the receipt and that Expedia would refund it. After numerous calls to Expedia and to NY Express Bus Service, both deny responsibility.

Management at New York Express Bus Service says it is not there policy to call and check if there is a valid voucher.

Management at expedia says that it is not there policy to refund vouchers.

Mean while we had paid twice the fare for one terrible service and both companies are fine with that. The unused voucher was 55 dollars.

Brian
pacifica, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2004 07:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Expediacom-New-York-Express-Bus-Service/internet/Expediacom-New-York-Express-Bus-Service-Ripoff-New-York-123773. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Expedia.com New York Express Bus Service

AUTHOR: Jane - (U.S.A.)

If I was running a business, I would NOT have tried to call expedia to verify that the tickets were purchased. Why not stop at the library and print the tickets (free) prior to your departure. Please take responsibility for your own actions (or in this case, inactions)

AUTHOR: Jane - (U.S.A.)

How does the company know you PAID?

AUTHOR: Trish - (U.S.A.)

The Expedia vouchers are highly important and not having a printer when buying a trip ONLINE is pretty silly.

The ground transportation company has NO IDEA that Expedia customers have paid for an attraction unless the voucher is present at the time of redemption. The company did the RIGHT THING is charging again.

All attractions & services are non-refundable on Expedia's site unless insurance is purchased. This is not Expedia's fault if the traveler did not have proof of purchase. And the ground transportation company has too many customers to worry about having to contact Expedia about this issue for this individual.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC