Complaint Review: Expedia.com

• Updated: Tue, October 18, 2011

• Reported By: Really?!?! — Lake Forest California United States of America
333 108th Ave NE Bellevue, Washington United States of America

Expedia.com $3,000 charge for $451 package Bellevue, Washington

Last night was the first night that I have used Expedia and it was the worst experience I have ever had with any company. I was on the phone for 4.5 hours to purchase a flight, hotel, and car rental with a telephone representative. I had to call in because the website would not allow me to purchase for some reason. Not to mention, the website provided me with incorrect information. Much of the 4.5 hour wait, I was on hold.  The representatives did not even have the common courtesy to jump back on the line every 5-10 minutes to say "Sorry, it will just be a while longer". I say representatives because I spoke with multiple people. This is because I was hung up on 3 times. Unacceptable! I know they have my phone number and email address; I should have been contacted shortly after the hang up. The price of my package also kept going up without any changes to my original itinerary. $5 here, $15 there. [continued below]....
..... By the end of the night, my credit card was charged 6 times! I have a picture of my bank statement if you care to see it.  Now, my bank is holding $3,000 (the cost of 6 $500 packages) until this situation is resolved, which I do not forsee in the near future. I have written quite a few letters since this has happened last night and I will continue to write more complaints until I hear back from upper management.  I was told that I will also be receiving a survey after my purchase and, of course, I have yet to receive one.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2011 05:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Expediacom/Bellevue-Washington-98004/Expediacom-3000-charge-for-451-package-Bellevue-Washington-790345. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Expedia.com