Complaint Review: Expedia.com

• Submitted: Sun, August 10, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, August 10, 2008

• Reported By:Dearborn Michigan
3150 139th Ave. SE Bellevue, Washington U.S.A.

Expedia.com Promised gas cards as a reward for travel, refused to honor promise Bellevue Washington

In August of 2008, I booked a hotel room through Expedia.com. When I booked the hotel, the website offered a $75 "Gas Money Prepaid MasterCard card" for stays of 5 nights or longer (mine was for 5 nights). About five days later, I called Expedia to confirm the booking, and to inquire as to how I would go about receiving the gas card.

Customer service tried telling me that I was not eligable for the gas card, first because the offer had expired (the offer was still on the website, so that was an obvious lie), and then because I had to have used a MasterCard. This excuse was based upon the interpretation of the Philippino customer service supervisor that, since the gas card came in the form of a pre-paid MasterCard, I had to have paid by MasterCard--absolutely absurd!

All-told, I spent over two hours on the phone with this joke of a company. Almost every single thing I was told was either an outright lie (as with the two lies above) or very suspect (the customer service agent told me that she had no way of contacting her supervisors, other than calling them).

By the way, this whole thing only ended when they agreed to credit the credit card I used to pay for the hotel, but we'll have to see if that happens.

The bottom line is this: DO NOT USE EXPEDIA!!! Their customer service agents stall, make up facts, and outright lie. The parent corporation has insulated itself, and forces you to speak to customer service agents in the Philippines. Everything they do seems engineered to deprive the customer of any voice or recourse. If you do use them and have any complaint, do not expect any satisfactory resolution.

Dearborn, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2008 03:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Expediacom/Bellevue-Washington-98005/Expediacom-Promised-gas-cards-as-a-reward-for-travel-refused-to-honor-promise-Bellevue-W-361365. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Expedia.com