Complaint Review: Expedia.com

• Submitted: Thu, March 29, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, March 29, 2007

• Reported By:Edina Minnesota
Expedia.com
expedia.com Bellevue, Washington U.S.A.

Expedia.com Ripoff waited 3 months to notify change in flights missed connection because not enough time and $2500 in sporting tickets Bellevue Washington

We scheduled 2 families and 9 people to fly from Minneapolis MN to Manchester England for a professional soccer game in December. The $5000 we paid to Expedia as collected and the reservations were made flying Northwest ot of Minneapolis and a 2.5 hour layover in Chicago Ohare where we would leave to Manchester on BMI airline out of England. Based on my considerable experience flying into that airport on that airline, I was still a littel worried. Departure set for March 30, 2007.

I spent 2 days out of town and the weekend and saw an email that was sent to me from Expedia on March 23, 2007 telling me the schedule had changed. I had received many of these...every little change...3:05 departure changed to 3:07 etc.. I saw on this one Northwest moved us an hour later now allowing us 1.5 hours if everything went perfect. That's likely, I think their on time % at Ohare is maybe 50%, (that's what Expedia CSR said).

First 2 hours with Expedia today I got lucky and got a great gal. She started a ticket number and told me that with a change like that, they are supposed to call us and get a verbal commitment which never happened. They just send out automated replies which say they accepted all on your behalf... The Northwest agent said they dropped that flight from their schedule in December. They notified Expedia 2 months ago! Plenty of time for us to intervene and change flights. Now they are all 99% booked to overbooked and we are screwed. Seriously, save the $20 per ticket and get a real agent that can think. We are screwed and Expedia ia all to blame!

Stephen
Edina, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2007 08:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Expediacom/Bellevue-Washington/Expediacom-Ripoff-waited-3-months-to-notify-change-in-flights-missed-connection-because-n-241460. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Expedia.com