Complaint Review: Expedia.com

• Submitted: Wed, September 25, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, September 25, 2013

• Reported By: southbeachblues — Milwaukee Wisconsin
, Select State/Province USA

Expedia.com Be careful when canceling reservations unknown

My advice to Expedia.com Customer Service Agents who work in the cancellation department

Please specifically ask the client before clicking the cancellation button if they definitely wish to cancel their reservations.

I originally wished to cancel my reservation, as I thought I would not have the money to pay for my hotel.  As I was talking to the customer service rep, I was informed that my hotel reservation was a prepaid reservation, so I had already paid for imy room.  My airline ticket was also already paid, which I knew and I knew I could not rebook that flight.   The only money I would have had to come up for my trip would have been out of pocket expenses - food, entertainment, etc.  I told the rep I did not wish to cancel my reservation, once I found that out and he had already canceled it.  I had a special rate, which of course, I lost and now I will have to cancel my vacation, which I am very upset about.  This was a loss to both Expedia and the hotel and if the rep had taken the time to confirm I truly wanted to cancel first unless of being in a hurry to click that cancellation button, this could have been avoided. This was my first and LAST experience with Expedia.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2013 09:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Expediacom/Select-StateProvince/Expediacom-Be-careful-when-canceling-reservations-unknown-1087213. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Expedia.com