Complaint Review: Expedia.com

• Updated: Wed, November 17, 2010

• Reported By: Nancy — Cullowhee North Carolina United States of America
Expedia.com

Expedia.com Double charge for motel booking , Internet

I recently booked motels using Expedia.com.  Since I did not receive confirmations on the first bookings, I rebooked.  This happened twice.  I was able to catch the error the first time, however, did not know about the 2nd error until I received my credit card.  It took three calls to remain contacted with a service rep. " Aria'? informed me after she called the motel, that the motel billed different ininerary numbers than the Expedia numbers.  She can not credit an account unless numbers match.  The complaint would be referred to the "Night Auditor" who comes on at 11:00pm and asked me to call back then.  I informed her that was a unrealistic request since I: 1) work days and 2)  had called around 4:30pm, during regular business hours, and it took three attempts to reach someone with whom I was not disconnected from.  Then, I was transfered to, "Rhonda", a "supervisor", who informed me the same thing.  When I asked for someone from Customer Service to follow up and call me back tomorrow am with a disposition, I was informed, "We can not give calls to customers to follow up".  I will not be  using Expedia services again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2010 03:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Expediacom/internet/Expediacom-Double-charge-for-motel-booking-Internet-663180. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Expedia.com