Complaint Review: Expedia.com

• Submitted: Fri, July 26, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, July 26, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous — Ozark Arkansas
Internet USA

Expedia.com Expedia Affiliated Network (EAN)TRAVRES*Rescounter.com Company acted as if they were the hotel taking reservation then charged double. Expedia.com;TRAVRES*Rescounter.com Internet

I googled the hotel name and called the number listed. I thought I was making a direct reservation with the hotel. I discussed the conference I was attending and the need to be in the block of rooms secured for the rate agreed upon by the conference planners and the hotel. I was told that alot of people had been reserving for the conference. I did not receive a booking confirmation by email. The room was shared with another conference attendee and when we discussed splitting the bill per person we were told that could not be done as this reservation was prepaid!

The hotel personnel stated that the reservation was through Expedia and gave the number 18777877186 for me to call and that they could not make any changes at all to the reservation. When I called the number given I was told that it was their affiliate (EAN) Expedia Affiliate Network that made the reservation, and was given the number 18007805733. The credit card bill lists the Merchant Name or Transaction Description as TRAVRES*Rescounter.com 8772835585 WA.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2013 06:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Expediacom/internet/Expediacom-Expedia-Affiliated-Network-EANTRAVRESRescountercom-Company-acted-as-if-th-1070459. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Expedia.com