Complaint Review: Experian -AnnualCreditReport.com

• Updated: Thu, July 02, 2009

• Reported By:Batesburg South Carolina
Experian -AnnualCreditReport.com
www.annualcreditreport.com Internet U.S.A.

Experian - AnnualCreditReport.com not so "free" free credit report Schaumburg Illinois

My daughter has never requested a free copy of her credit report, but she was denied credit due to the report, so we went online to get the free copy. My daughter has never had any credit, but the reporting agencies are showing two bad accounts that were opened when she was a teenager still living at home. Obviously they have put the information in the wrong report, since she did not sign a cell phone contract or need her own electricity at 16 years old. The reason for this report, however, is that Experian wanted a credit card number before they would process the "free" report through www.annualcreditreport.com. I read everything carefully and made certain that I checked or unchecked the appropriate items in order to not be charged. Today Experian charged my account not once, but twice, for 14.95. I called the InfoExperian number that the bank said was on the charge. I was told that the charges were non-refundable. That the website clearly states that I had nine days in which to call and cancel. I said that the report was supposed to be free. She said that I had to get it through www.annualcreditreport.com. I said that was where I got it. She refused to reverse the charges. I have had to cancel my credit card and I will have dispute the charges through the bank. I don't think I trust anyone anymore. I thought the credit reporting agencies were supposed to be there to help consumers, not fleece them!!!!

Batesburg, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2009 11:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Experian-AnnualCreditReportcom/internet/Experian-AnnualCreditReportcom-not-so-free-free-credit-report-Schaumburg-Illinois-467072. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Experian -AnnualCreditReport.com