Complaint Review: Experian Credit Reporting

• Submitted: Sun, March 25, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, March 25, 2012

• Reported By: Karen — Spokane Washington United States of America
Experian Credit Reporting

Experian Credit Reporting Experian Withdrew money from my debit/checking with knowledge. I did not sign up for their service. Internet

In February 2012 I  looked on my US Bank account and I had two separate $1.00 authorizations from Experian  *CreditRepo 877-2977790 CA on my card. I had not ordered a credit report so was unsure where this was coming from, called Experian and they would give me no information without giving my debit card info. I did not want to give them info because I knew this was fraud. They would not look up under my name, or birthdate, last 4 of my social security, etc. So I called the bank and closed out the card and they reissued me another card. So on March 23, 2012 I was looking at my card authorizations and there is another $19.95 charge on my card from Experian *CreditRepo 877-2977790 CA. I immediately called Experian and asked why am I getting charged this - gave her the debit number because I knew I was going to immediately close that card at the bank and she said that a Sheila L. had signed up for the service and she missed typed the number. If the name and number did not match why would they let the charge go through. How did the card get compromised twice? The bank said that is was not a reoccurring charge. It is fraud and it is awful because this is a company trying to help straighten out your credit and the are breaking into consumer accounts without their knowledge and authorization. This was no mistake this is a fraud going on and it is all over the internet with other victims.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2012 07:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Experian-Credit-Reporting/internet/Experian-Credit-Reporting-Experian-Withdrew-money-from-my-debitchecking-with-knowledge-I-859245. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Experian Credit Reporting