Complaint Review: Experian - Equifax - TransUnion

• Submitted: Wed, January 26, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, July 03, 2010

• Reported By:dearborn Michigan
Experian - Equifax - TransUnion
www.equifax.com L.A., California U.S.A.

Credit Report Acquire metro 2 Software! Ripoff! Los Angeles California

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: metro 2 software

*General Comment: metro 2 software

*Consumer Comment: Help can someone please send or show me the codes to change my credit file

*Consumer Comment: I've got news for you Dave. What you (and Marty) have done IS illegal. It's called "Theft by Conversion".

*Consumer Suggestion: There's a better surefire way to add fake entries, no hacking involved! AND its not illegal. CHeat the system undetected!

*Consumer Comment: Time to get the Feds involved

*Consumer Comment: WARNING- DO NOT CONTACT THIS COMPANY

*Consumer Suggestion: I think this is a waste of time.

*Consumer Comment: HELP ALSO WANTED !

*Consumer Suggestion: so what your saying...

*Consumer Suggestion: Did you also know George..

*Consumer Suggestion: Avoiding credit is the real way to go here.

*Consumer Comment: Jason --- You are absolutely right ! FCRA rulings

*Consumer Suggestion: The FCRA prohibits items older than 7 years...

*Consumer Comment: Still don't think the CRAs are to blame.

*Consumer Comment: FCRA ?

*Consumer Comment: FCRA ?

*Consumer Suggestion: They all willingly break the FCRA.

*Consumer Comment: Experian Rules Changed

*Consumer Suggestion: Did Anybody try it recently?

*Consumer Suggestion: Man indicted in San Antonio for hacking into the National Weather Service and sending an urgent bulletin to the news agencies in the area

*Consumer Comment: Jason, I understand, however...

*Consumer Comment: Jason. You can download the Metro 2 software from this web site.

*Consumer Suggestion: Hey Pat, To answer your other question, the credit bureaus do break federal law on a regular basis.

*Consumer Comment: WE save thou$ands by altering our Reports!

*Consumer Comment: Last question for "Jason".

*Consumer Comment: Jason - hacking to change grades does hurt some

*Consumer Comment: What you say may be the truth, but......

*Consumer Comment: Why we have credit bureaus.

*Consumer Suggestion: How to obtain a free credit report

*Consumer Suggestion: Ok ok..you got , but the credit bureaus still make choices. They choose to sell info.

*Consumer Comment: Huh?

*Consumer Suggestion: Hey Tom...Everyone comes out a winner when we get approved for loans by adding fake accounts. Manipulate collection agencies and the credit system!

*Consumer Comment: WE ARE EAGERLY WAITING !

*Consumer Comment: My oh my. Any hacking to change the data on any companies database is illegal and therefore criminal.

*Consumer Suggestion: One more thing...how to get unlimited free copies of your credit reports through Experian.

*Consumer Suggestion: I don't think its illegal, and I am not a criminal

*Consumer Suggestion: I'm just giving you the facts. Breaking the law is completely up to you!

*Consumer Comment: Very illegal to change someone's database data

*Consumer Suggestion: In resonse to Paul.

*Consumer Suggestion: Don't you people know how to use a search engine?

*Consumer Suggestion: Jason

*Consumer Suggestion: go to this website

*Consumer Comment: Try this.........

Does anybody know where I can acquire the metro 2 software? I have had enough rejections and denials from creditors and it is the time to change this! Please if you know where i can acquire the software don't hesistate to either post a suggestion or contact me directly.

thanks,

Sam B.
Birmingham, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2005 11:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Experian-Equifax-TransUnion/LA-California/Credit-Report-Acquire-metro-2-Software-Ripoff-Los-Angeles-California-128968. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Experian - Equifax - TransUnion

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

metro 2 software

AUTHOR: metro 2 software - (United States of America)

i know about  metro 2 software very well

i have it on my computer as well  for my business

if you like know more information please contact me at

#2 General Comment

metro 2 software

AUTHOR: metro 2 software - (United States of America)

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

I have the software for metro 2 can someone please send or show me the codes to change my credit file , im sitting at 612 FICO and trying to improve my score to get a car ! please help !

Dave,

I've got news for you. What you (and Marty) have done IS illegal. It's called "Theft by Conversion". By having your brother add false accounts to your credit report and increasing your credit score, you are falsly representing your credit worthiness to potential lenders, thereby paying less in interest as you would by your true score. And that is called theft. And your brother could also face charges.

Do I agree with the power the CRAs have nowadays? No. Like Frank in New Orleans says, I believe sweeping changes are needed. He has provided some very good suggestions on how this can be accomplished. Do as he says, contact your local, state and national elected officials. Only they can make the changes that are needed.

#10 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Dave - (U.S.A.)

I have read all this. It's all too risky. If your lucky enough to have some family members who work at a bank or car dealer who reports accounts, then you've got it made. Upon reading these entries, I had my brother who works in the finance department at a local bank add a few unsecured entries.

Since he is a lender, and updates information to the credit bureaus on a daily basis, I had him add a 45,000 dollar loan and a 10,000 dollar line of credit. Both were opened 5 years ago and are paid as agreed he said. I have to wait 30 days or so, but they should pop up on my credit.

Instead of going overboard like some people on here, I have a few accounts to spice up my report. Since my credit is relatively slow (no derogs, not enough line of credit experience) I might be able to pull my 640 scores to low 700s or higher.

Imagine how much i'll save in interest by having 5 years of unblemished nearly 900 dollar monthly payments on that 45K loan. Since I have never been deliquent on payments and my accounts reported are less than 2K, I have a right to give myself better opportunities to save interest. I'm not cheating the system. I'm just not letting the system screw me, like it does others. The CRA's and banks work together to make money. Like others on here, i'd rather do it this way than pay thousands more in interest over a loan.

Again, this method is proven to work if you have family members in the financial world. Blood is thicker than MONEY MONEY MONEY when it comes to brothers. Thank you Marty, your the best!

Time to get the Feds involved

AUTHOR: Frank - (U.S.A.)

Let's look at the credit bureaus for what they have become and not for what they're supposed to be.

What they're supposed to be is a central data repository used to determine someone's creditworthiness by providing information about present and past indebtedness and how regularly and faithfully these debts are discharged. What they have become, though, is a sophisticated protection racket that works hand-in-hand with the rest of the financial industry to maximize profits for lenders.

To illustrate my point, look at the auto industry. The only way for a customer to get these rates is to have near-perfect credit, which only a very small percentage of people have. The F&I clowns at auto dealerships live in fear of a customer who has perfect credit because they can't screw him on financing as badly as they can someone with a mid-600 FICO score. Car dealers LOVE people with blemished credit because they can use it to bend you over big-time. It's the same with all other consumer lenders, too: someone with perfect credit is not who they're looking for. They don't want chronic deadbeats, they just want people with "less than perfect" credit because they can bend them over the easiest.

Or, how about this: some bottom-feeding collection agency calls you and demands an outrageous amount for some debt that supposedly existed ten or more years ago and is well past the statute of limitations (and they know it). The debt may or may not have existed (many times not) but that's immaterial to the boiler-room operators; all they want is money. They can yell and scream and make all the threats they want about suing you, garnishing your wages, seizing your home, having you arrested, or whatever, but the only threat they ever follow through on is reporting you to a credit bureau.

They know that once something is submitted to a CRA it's very difficult for you to get it removed. It can be done, of course, but the amount of time, money, and trouble it takes is substantial in most cases. The scum collection agencies know that you have better things to do than fight them over a relatively small amount of money. That's why they always demand these huge amounts when they initially contact you but always compromise at a much lower figure. So you end up paying them what amounts to hush money so they won't trash your FICO score.

But, guess what? Even after you pay them, many of these bottom-feeders will report you anyway! And usually the only way you find out is when you get turned down for a loan or if you order credit reports from all three major CRAs. Then be prepared to spend a lot of time and effort trying to get the incorrect B.S. removed. Good luck.

The only thing that is going to get CRAs and collection vultures to sit up and take notice is the threat of more Federal regulation. How about some changes in Federal law to mandate the following:

Proposal No. 1: Anyone attempting to collect a debt, either their own or on behalf of someone else, must provide substantiation of the debt in writing prior to any other collection activities.

Proposal No. 2: If anyone submits anything to a CRA, the CRA must contact you in writing prior to making it a part of your credit record and you have thirty days from the date of formal notification to dispute it. If you demand substantiation of the debt, the CRA is responsible for verifying the validity of the debt. If they cannot validate the debt within that thirty day period they cannot make it part of your record.

Something like that would go a long way toward breaking up the incestuous relationship between the credit bureaus and the collection industry.

Don't call some outfit for hacking software. Call your congressmen and senators.

WARNING- DO NOT CONTACT THIS COMPANY

AUTHOR: William - (U.S.A.)

I called some of the companies that sell the metro 2 softare. Be aware you must have a valid credit bureau member number before ordering from these companies.

According to the sales people at www.credittime2000.com all orders are verified with the CR member number with the credit bureaus along with the shipping address and location on file with the credit bureaus before shipping any orders.

If it does not match they report the order information as a possible fraud to the credit bureau security team and the Secret Service Fraud Division.

The Secret Service Fraud division can track your IPS address and email address to you. Sometimes the Security Team and Secret Sevice will allow the order go out just to catch the people trying this scam along with everyone involved.

I do not think it worth it spending time in jail for fixing your own credit file or anybody do you?

#13 Consumer Suggestion

I think this is a waste of time.

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

If you don't currently work at an agency that has privileges with the credit bureaus, I doubt you'll be able to log on and change anything.

I checked into this to see if it was as easy as these people claim. It's not!

The Metro software is easy to find. You can download a free copy from several different sites.

But, you need a working subscriber code from each of the three credit reporting agencies. Even if you were to find a working subscriber code, you'd also need the matching password. Nobody is going to publish their subscriber code and password on the internet.

Even if you had a code and matching password, you still aren't home free. The code would have to match the type of agency you need. For example, an auto dealership can't just add a bank credit card account. Why? Because the car place is not a bank. They don't issue credit cards. Their subscriber code is different.

Think! If it was this easy, don't you think other people would be doing it? Hell, anyone could open up a company with credit reporting privileges, and charge people tons of money to raise their credit scores.

Think about that! Most people are fanatical about their FICO score. When they go to buy a house or car, this number determines their interest rate, or if they even get a loan at all. Right now, people are desperate for credit. So, there is big money available to anyone who can hack into the bureaus and make that happen.

If it was that easy, people would have been doing it, or paying others to do it for them.

And, look at the people who came here and claimed to have changed their scores. One of them is so stupid, he argues for pages on why he thinks he has the right to change his score. He claims people have stolen his personal information. Obviously, this isn't someone who has the skills to work an ATM machine, much less hack into a CRA database.

Anyone who came here and claimed they have hacked their way in and changed their credit is probably lying! Think about it, only a complete idiot would do something illegal like this, and then come to a public forum and tell everyone.

Trust me, the people here do not have the codes or the skills. They don't even know the right name for the codes. They're not access codes, they are called subscriber codes. So, they are lying!

Check for yourself. I did. I didn't just believe what some idiot was telling me.

Find the software. Get a subscriber code. Then, find a password. Then, log in and try to make new entries.

You'll see for yourself. Not possible.

HELP ALSO WANTED !

AUTHOR: Billie Jo - (U.S.A.)

To Ben .... I am also interested in this Metro Software as well. Are you "willing" to help any of us that are interested in this "hacking" ?
I am even willing to pay ! My situation is a lien from the IRS . The lien has been "satisfied" for 2 years now , but the Credit bureaus have the "RIGHT" to keep it posted and to continue to use it against you for another 10 years !! ( its hard to believe !) Especially , after having it used against you the prior 10 years .. So, thats 20 in all.
AN IRS lien keeps you from any credit !! Although I have money , and all my bills are always paid early ! I'm very interested in this software ... you stated you were helping your friends out with this... I'm willing to pay .. Please reply . Creditless in FL.

#15 Consumer Suggestion

so what your saying...

AUTHOR: Jason - (U.S.A.)

Basically, save up for everything. How do you even suggest this? Most of us don't make but 80 Grand or less a year. After taxes and essentials, the available balance is much less. How do you expect people to save up 135,000 for a house and buy it with cash? How do you expect people to save 20 to 30 grand to buy a car with cash? Credit is there to lend you money so you CAN live in a house, pay it off and eventually own it. You CAN finance a vehicle, pay it off and eventually own it.

What your saying doesn't make much sense to me when a house is essential. Renting accomplishes nothing. You have no equity in an apartment. Buying a house and paying a large chunk of the loan off usually means excess money when you are looking to move. The house value may have sky rocketed if you live in a good neighborhood. Eventually, you might net an extra 50,000 dollars in your pocket.

With a vehicle, it's the opposite. You buy one, it depreciates, then you sell it for as much as you can and get another one. That's life. When we were kids we did that with our bikes.

The average US consumer is cash dry and credit hungry. This is a credit run society. Without credit, a huge number of americans will never have a house or decent car. I don't know how you expect someone who earns 40 grand a year to save up for a house and car cold hard cash. I better start now, I might have enough in 10 years. There's one of four things with you: Either you came from a rich family, you have a very high paying job, you inherited a fund of some sort, or you have an average paying job like us and manage somehow to save 50 grand a year and pay for everything in cash (I somehow know your gonna be the fourth).

Please explain to us how we can go from our normal jobs, magically get a job with double or triple the salary, and buy a car and house with cash. What your saying doesn't make any sense. I am willing to bet you everyone else on here relies on credit for a house and car. Sure, we might be paying more in interest, but without credit we can't get the things that "somehow come so easily to you." Yes, I am commiting fraud to have my interest rates reduced. I know how to manage my money. I have no major debts except for my house and car payment. You don't think I can manage money? I am paying an extra $150 dollars a month on my mortgage, and an extra $100 dollars to my car payment. If you can do the math on this, on a $140,000 house for 30 years, at my current interest rate, my mortgage is 975 a month. I am paying 150 dollars extra each month. Did you know I am skimming quite a few years off my mortgage by doing this, and saving tens of thousands in interest at the end of the mortgage after all interest and principle payments are done.

This summer I am either getting into a new home or refinancing my current home. I will probably refinance my current home, and get 6.5% because of this fraud I have commited. Since the credit industry is so well run on making banks rich, I am so well run on defrauding the credit bureaus into giving more positive information about me so I will save even more on my interest. Adding those fake accounts has made my interest minimal now.

Talk to someone else about buying everything in cash because we sure don't want to hear it. Were not like you with lots of money. Don't tell me that you have a regular job cause that's a lie. You pulled in some kind of big cash, and that's why you don't owe anyone a dime. As for us, we don't have but our regular jobs to survive on. If survival means changing OUR credit info to help us financially, then so be it. Join the rat pack of big money makers because it is much easier for you to make ends meet.

#16 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Jason - (U.S.A.)

Much of the time, the credit bureaus feel more inclined to keep negative information on a consumers credit file. This is to protect their bottom line. By going into a bank and getting declined, the bank is out only a credit report. The credit bureaus get the money for the report. The frustrated consumer will likely go to several more banks to obtain a loan. This ensures the credit bureaus get money for several more credit reports.

Simply put, having positive information added to your credit reports, prevents the credit bureaus from getting multiple credit reports pulled. It is usually a transaction here and there. Did you know over 70% of all consumer files contain errors of some kind. These errors cost consumers thousands more in interest a year. Makes you think twice about the bureacratic companies that hold our information to make gigantic profits. I hope future admendments to the FCRA will allow us more leeway in terms of requesting immediate removal of erroneous information instead of waiting the 30 day investigation period; as well as allowing stiffer penalties for the credit bureaus on a single consumer basis, instead of letting hundreds of complaints pile up and then taking action.

This way, each consumer complaint would be treated as a violation and a 1,000 dollar fine (or an increase in the fine for each violation). Perhaps a fine of 2 or 3,000 dollars for each violation. With the hundreds of complaints, this would amount to millions in fines. I would love seeing that happen. The credit bureaus would be much more vigilant in maintaining their information and complying with the FCRA. I am also under the impression that we've had some Experian brass looking at these reports.

A column at the website entitled "Ask Max" ran an article last week about fraudulent access to ones credit report and changing information to suit their own needs, as well as urging consumers to disregard the nonsense floating around on consumer protection sites. The column continues to state that the credit bureaus are here for the consumer (a load of bull), and the recent "activity" they have detected is the product of a few hundred disgruntled individuals (the list keeps growing every day) who hate the fact we have credit reporting. And those few hundred individuals hate the fact a company runs a legitimate business to make a living.

Those individuals undermine the principals of todays economy and fail to adhere to current credit guidelines. They also 'cheat' the system and gain an unfair advantage over the credit bureaus, banks, lenders, and millions of people. She goes on to say that a few hundred impatient people who don't go through the dispute process cost the credit bureaus tons of money and undermine their efforts as a business to run effieiently and accrue a reasonable profit. OHH BOO h*o! A classic sob story by credit bureau brass to lash out at those of us who are taking a stand against these bureacratic guidelines imposed by a non-government company. My best guess is the recent activity is about fake accounts.

They are upset because a few hundred people (the list grows day by day) are costing the credit bureaus time and money. The credit bureaus are costing innocent people thousands of dollars a year in interest. So by costing them money it's such an injustice. Yet, when they cost us money it's "flaws in the system" with "sincere promises to fix it in the future." I fail to see the logic in it being such an injustice if the credit bureaus are out money themselves.

#17 Consumer Suggestion

#18 Consumer Suggestion

#19 Consumer Suggestion

#20 Consumer Suggestion

Avoiding credit is the real way to go here.

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

Let me explain how loans work. Lenders hand you a bunch of money. You hand them all that money back. Plus some more besides. In some cases, a lot more besides.

The besides part is called interest. Simple interest wouldn't be so bad. But, it's not simple interest. It's compound interest. With compound interest, you can easily pay back double what you borrowed. Or triple.

That wouldn't be so bad if it was a $20 loan. But, it's not. It's $35,000 for an auto. Or, $135,000 for a home. Or, it's an $8,000 outstanding balance on a high-interest credit card.

Most people have no idea of the total amount of money they are throwing away on interest. In a year. In 5 years. Over a lifetime. Search the internet for the facts about borrowing money.

Once you do that, you'll quickly see that credit cards are not everywhere you want to be. That's the nonsense the crooks tell you so you run your card up higher and make them richer.

Everybody I know needs more money, not less. So, why would you agree to pay a big chunk of your income to some bank or creditor? How does that improve your standing in life? Got a gold card? Trust me, you won't be getting any gold. The person collecting all the interest. He'll be the one with the gold. Not you.

Paying interest is like throwing your money down the toilet.

Look at what the credit industry has people doing. Fico this. Credit score that. Refinancing and stretching out the loan even longer. Auto loans that last longer than the car in some cases.

Look what's happening on this page. People are committing fraud by changing their credit file. Just so they can borrow even more money, and pay even more interest. Where is the sense in that?

Life is so simple when you don't have to borrow for the things you need. When you live within your means. I've never paid an overdraft fee. Or an over the limit fee. Never paid one red cent of interest. Yet, I get new stuff all the time. When I need something, I save up and buy it. In many cases, I already have a supply of money saved, so there is no need to wait.

Fico? Credit report? Who knows my score? Not me! Do I even have a credit file? I never borrowed a dime. If some idiot is keeping score on me, he's got nothing much to report.

Hate the credit reporting agencies? Like to see them go under? Hate the lenders who hold you ransom every time you need something? The best revenge is to drop the whole credit habit like a hot potato. See how long the credit agencies last when you never need to borrow another dime. Watch when the interest rate drops to 2%, and there are still no takers for new loans.

Not a fantasy or a dream. It's reality. All you need to do is learn to live within your income.

Jason --- You are absolutely right ! FCRA rulings

AUTHOR: George - (U.S.A.)

What you say about the time limitation for the credit reporting agencies is absolutely right. Thank you for pin-pointing the article for me as I was not able to locate it initially because of the length of the FCRA rulings.

#22 Consumer Suggestion

The FCRA prohibits items older than 7 years...

AUTHOR: Jason - (U.S.A.)

605. Requirements relating to information contained in consumer reports [15 U.S.C. 1681c]

(a) Information excluded from consumer reports. Except as authorized under subsection (b) of this section, no consumer reporting agency may make any consumer report containing any of the following items of information:

(1) Cases under title 11 [United States Code] or under the Bankruptcy Act that, from the date of entry of the order for relief or the date of adjudication, as the case may be, antedate the report by more than 10 years.

(2) Civil suits, civil judgments, and records of arrest that from date of entry, antedate the report by more than seven years or until the governing statute of limitations has expired, whichever is the longer period.

(3) Paid tax liens which, from date of payment, antedate the report by more than seven years.

(4) Accounts placed for collection or charged to profit and loss which antedate the report by more than seven years.(1)

(5) Any other adverse item of information, other than records of convictions of crimes which antedates the report by more than seven years.

(c) Running of reporting period.

(1) In general. The 7-year period referred to in paragraphs (4) and (6)(2) of subsection (a) shall begin, with respect to any delinquent account that is placed for collection (internally or by referral to a third party, whichever is earlier), charged to profit and loss, or subjected to any similar action, upon the expiration of the 180-day period beginning on the date of the commencement of the delinquency which immediately preceded the collection activity, charge to profit and loss, or similar action.

You can access this information at http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/fcra.htm

You didn't read the FCRA closely enough. They can't report items older than 7 years old. You are also mistaken, the FCRA is a federal law designed to protect consumers and the integrity of their credit. It isn't merely a set of guidelines set by Congress, but a federal law in which many companys have faced fines for violating this law.

I didn't verify this debt. The collection agency never even contacted me untill a few years ago. I left my forwarding address with the post office in 1990, so all mail should have reached me. I admit I should've given the utility company my forwarding address, but figuring they would use my 100 dollar deposit was a dumb move on my part. They "lost" this deposit and claimed I owed them 80 dollars. The collection agency reported the item to the credit bureaus. Even though it was reported as a nearly 12 year old debt at the time, and stayed on my report for some while.

After calling the collection agency to reason with them, and an outright refusal to remove the listing, I got real snippy with the collector in charge of my account. I said some things that must've hit a nerve with them because they then updated this account as an installment loan each month. This destroys a score. Then after calling the credit bureaus to try and reason, they refused to do anything even after pointing out to them that this listing is past the 7 year reporting period. After hearing "We will attempt to verify the debt with the collection agency," I got a little flustered with them.

I am real frustrated with the credit process. I am completely honest with my financial dealings if I don't get the shaft. If this had not happened, I would not have felt compelled to add fake accounts to my credit. If the collection agency would've been more respectful about not adding this old debt to my credit, and then updating it every month, I wouldn't have commited fraud by mailing them a fake attorneys letter threatening a lawsuit.

Unfortunately Pat, my view is "an eye for an eye; a tooth for a tooth" and "do unto others as you would want done to you." This simply means, I never planned to engage in this fraud activity. I was driven to it because the collection agency was using an illegal method of trying to get payment from me, even after I had paid a deposit, and even after the debt was too old to be reported. The credit bureaus reported the info and profited off that info. So I was probably blind in frustration by placing blame on the credit bureaus. Like I said, I would be a law abiding citizen otherwise if it had not been for the "illegal mistakes" of the credit industry. I did what I had to do. Getting that outdated collection off my report, and helping my score back up where it should have been in the first place.

I'm sorry I took it that far with those kids. I was acting on anger, and it got the best of me. I have been reading self help books on anger and the need for revenge. It is helping me out, so wish me luck with trying to get my anger in check.

Still don't think the CRAs are to blame.

Jason,

I still don't see where the CRAs are to blame here. The blame is actually on the Collection Agency. It is against the law for them to re-age a debt beyond the statute of limitations (3 years in most states) without verifying the validity of the debt.

Did the Collection Agency contact you and verfiy that you had an account with the utility company? If so, and you confirmed the account, then they are within the limits of the law to report it to the CRAs, and the CRAs can't remove it from your record because your dispute was verified with the collection agency.

If you had a deposit on your utility account, why didn't you give them your fowarding address so that they could send you your balance? Even if it was only going to be like $20, it would have still been worth it, and you would have avoided all these troubles years later.

Oh, by the way, are you the same Jason from Wheaton, IL that posted you had shot 3 kids with a high-powered CO2 pellet gun for throwing rocks at your car? See this report: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff122391.htm

If you are, then I certainly understand your last comments where you said you cussed out the CS reps. I won't comment on other report, except to say that you got off VERY easy.

FCRA ?

Jason,

You refer to the credit unions breaking FCRA rules in regards to keeping items on a credit report older than 7 years, but I have been unable to find this clause in the FCRA document. I think everyone knows that it has been the practice of the credit reporting agencies to drop those items older than 7 years (10 years in some cases), but please enlighten me here as I am unable to find this in their document. Are you misquoting what is in the FCRA document, or can you please tell me which article number in the document refers to the 7 year limitation. By the way the FCRA was written by congress to be a guidline for rules of operation by the credit unions, not a law.

FCRA ?

#26 Consumer Suggestion

They all willingly break the FCRA.

AUTHOR: Jason - (U.S.A.)

I can understand the blame being placed on me. But for one, I placed a deposit with the utility company. This deposit was supposed to cover non-payment. They didn't do that. They instead "lost" the depost, and decided to catch up to me after all these years. The debt was from 1990. It should not have been on my report NO LATER THAN 1997. It decides to suddenly pop up on my credit report a few years ago. Thats wayy later than 7 years. So the Collection Agency violated the FCRA by knowingly adding out dated information to my credit report. But the CRAs also reported out dated information even after I disputed it with them. It wasn't "Oh Sir, we know the listing is outdated and it by law has to come off your credit report.." but it was "Sir, we will contact the collection agency to verify the debt and if its verified then it won't be deleted.."

At which point I cuss out a Trans Union AND Equifax representatives calling them incompetant m-fkers and other choice words. Trans Union hung up on me. I tried getting the representative at Equifax to understand that this listing was outdated and can't be listed. After calling the guy an a$$-hole kubala reading p***k, I gave up.

I failed to mention that the letter I composed to the collection agency was a fake letter composed by a fake attorney threatening a lawsuit. I even had a fake lawsuit number waiting to be filed. This is why the listing got deleted quickly.

They don't care if old listings come on your credit report, even if it's against the law. They all willingly break the FCRA.

As for the person who broke into the national weather service RIGHT ON!! lmao..I think thats funny, bowling ball hail? Thats genuine creativeness. not to mention the panic that must've caused.

Experian Rules Changed

AUTHOR: Sandy - (U.S.A.)

I followed the Experian link to obtain a free credit report. The rules have now changed. Experian will no longer e-mail the report. It must be US Mail only.
If anyone knows a way around this, please post.

#28 Consumer Suggestion

Did Anybody try it recently?

AUTHOR: Suleiman - (U.S.A.)

William did you try it recently? i couldn't get it to work. I think the codes have changed or something...WELL IF ANYBODY HAS AN UPDATE LET US NOW!!!
tnX

#29 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Tom - (U.S.A.)

To bring up the topic of hacking; a man last summer was indicted for hacking into the National Weather Service and sending an urgent bulletin to the news agencies in the area: News 4 WOAI, KENS 5, and KSAT in San Antonio.

During a series of thunderstorms he somehow got the ticker display to read: Severe Thunderstorm warning for 9 different counties in the hill country including San Antonio, law enforcement and public reported widespread destruction from bowling ball and basketball sized hail.

This caused a certain mass panick in certain areas and backlog of phone calls to news and emergency services. They finally traced it back to him in November. He could face liability for losses incurred as a result of the false panick, and faces civil lawsuits from the people who at first tried to sue the news agencies and the NWS.

I think that might have a smidge of humor and laughter. Imagine seeing a "bowling ball sized hail" ticker run across your tv screen followed by half the public running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Even pranks can land you jail time and extensive fines.

#30 Consumer Suggestion

#31 Consumer Suggestion

#32 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Tom - (U.S.A.)

Jason, I understand, however...

Jason,

I know, I said that my last post would be it, but the information you just provided requires additional comment.

I understand your frustration. However, I think you are placing the blame on the wrong party (namely the CRAs). Here's how I see the blame should be placed:

#1 - YOU. First and foremost, you are responsible for making sure that your bills are paid. Not the utility company, not the collection agency, and certainly not the CRAs.

#2 - The US Postal Service, for not forwarding your mail properly. That is, if you followed the proper procedure with them for changing your address.

#3 - Utility Company/Collection Agency, for taking so long to finally catch up with you.

And finally,

#4 - The CRAs, for possibly violating the FCRA. However, in their defense, I will say that if they went to the Collection Agency to verify the debt, and the agency did, then their hands are tied. Nothing more they can do except put a statement by you on your file.

I know it is frustrating to have blemishes on your credit report, especially since they stay on 7-10 years. And I agree that changes are needed to the system. Personally, I think negative items should only remain on 3-5 years, just like with car insurance.

The best way to make changes is to contact your local congressman. Ask them to look into changes to the FCRA. If the CRAs are currently being sued for violations of the FCRA, then great. Maybe they will make some changes on their own.

I think this whole business of illegally hacking the CRA databases to add false information to your credit report is bad news. Not to mention the potential for jail time on the part of the hacker.

Jason. You can download the Metro 2 software from this web site.

AUTHOR: William - (U.S.A.)

The searches for metro 2 credit reporting software gave me http://www.servbur.com/. You can download the Metro 2 software from this web site. Are you not committing fraud?

#35 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Jason - (U.S.A.)

How is everyone today? To answer Pat's questions, I had an account from 1990 added to my credit report. It was an old utility bill that went unpaid. Back in 1990, I had moved and a lot of my mail never got forwarded to my new address. I had a month left on my utility bill, and I thought that my depost I put down would cover that bill. I didn't have the time nor money to mail them a check. The bill was for nearly 80 dollars. I had placed a deposit with the utility company for 100 dollars. I simply assumed that the deposit would cover it. Wrong! The utility company no longer exists, and i'm sure they "lost" my deposit. The bill pops up a few years ago. I disputed it 4 times with all three bureaus. Using certified mail return receipt requested all 4 times. You might know how expensive this is. It was verified all the times. I called the collection agency flaming made, knowing the laws of the FCRA, I told them they can't place the account back on my credit report. The lady told me that was a crock of bull and I didn't know what I was talking about. I lost my cool and screamed and cussed and threatened (what some bill collectors do to people, I did to the bill collector).

Even calling the credit bureaus did no good. That got me thinking, the credit bureaus don't care about the consumer. They only care about the bottom line. That got me to develop a strong hate towards the credit bureaus. Since then, that collection agency has gotten back at me for cussing at them by regularly updating my credit report every month. This bottoms out your score because the account is reported as an installment. This dropped my score drastically. In August, I had to mail a letter stating they were breaking FCRA. I told them I would not pay the debt. Since then, they had stopped updating the account. It has now fallen off my credit reports. That is why I kept getting denied for loans despite my score.

By me adding fake accounts to my credit, I was only trying to raise my score again. I don't know how long it would have taken for my score to recover from all that, but I wanted to at least get some recourse since I was screwed by the system, as many are.

To answer your other question, the credit bureaus do break federal law on a regular basis. They often fail to verify debts in a timely manner, and they leave inaccurate items on ones credit report even upon knowing about your dispute. Trans Union loves to call certain disputes frivelous, even though they are required by law to investigate every claim they receive. There have been numerous investigations on these bureaus about them breaking the FCRA. Look at another post about the attorney general of Texas investigating Experian. That I hope will answer your other question.

You see Pat, I will admit I hold a strong grudge against the credit bureaus. It is pretty hard for those of us who get the butt end of this system. In my view, it seems capitalistic. To have such a credit system full of flaws. If you read my description about the woman in Washington state, she was a victim of these flaws. The credit bureaus failed to acknowledge her needs, they got all the documentation needed. She lost her head, threatened some things over the phone and in letters. Even going as far as communicating with arab americans about an attack on the bureaus. She made the choice though and she's spending time in prison.

To be honest, I didn't even know about this metro 2 software untill someone named angela posted about it. It seemed over night I got my glee. I thought the credit bureaus tried to put one over on me by blowing me off, and I had a feeling of happiness when I put one over on them. I'm sorry this is long but I had to answer your questions.

I will state that from here on out I am keeping my accounts truthful and accurate, and doing my best to adhere to this strict credit code the best I can.

WE save thou$ands by altering our Reports!

AUTHOR: Suleiman - (U.S.A.)

If you think about it and how much we pay on interest on our mortgages. You barely see any money going to your principal! DO YOU CONSIDER THIS A FAIR PRACTICE?

Last question for "Jason".

Jason,

I've said my peace, but I have one final question for you:

Why do you continue to state that the CRAs are breaking the law? They are not creating fictitious items to place on your credit report. As has been previously stated several times, they only put on what they receive from creditors.

I have done the dispute process, and it works. A FICO of 655 is not bad. It won't get you the best rates, but almost all creditors will grant credit based on that score. What is on your report that was driving down your score? Was it your doing, or incorrect information provided to the CRA?

#38 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Jason - (U.S.A.)

Tiffany, I am glad it worked for you. If you type in the same company, except with a different date (within 60 days of today), you will again get the report at no cost. Repeat it how ever many times as you like, however long down the road you might need to view your credit report. Try it for TransUnion, but be prepared to register with True Credit. Also, it is a little harder to get one from Trans Union, I have found it works 2 out of 3 times. Equifax won't allow you to access your report through their database online. You can probably abandon Equifax. They are the least used credit bureau. If you can get free reports from Experian and Trans Union, you should be in business. Since us in the east won't see our mandated free reports untill next September. I thank you for your support, and if you have any more questions, feel free to email me. I'll give you my email addy if you need any more help or need to chat.

As far as the recent comments made by Pat go, I do grudgingly agree with you. I read the link you gave me, and indeed it is a federal crime. I agree that it is illegal. But why is it, when we break the law, by commiting a crime against the credit bureaus, we get instantly sent up the creek. Yet, when the credit bureaus break the law on a daily basis, they can get away with it for months? Because they hold such a monopolizing power.

I will admit, whoever came up with the credit bureau idea was a genius. In truth, Trans Union was the first real credit bureau. They originated from a railroad company. These bureaus have become more and more efficient since the computer age. But, consumers have also become more efficient. I agree that without the CRAs, we would all pay higher interest rates.

It might not be rational, but somebodys gotta do it. We have to better our lives. You gotta realize that I don't want to pay extra interest. I am saving myself tens of thousands of dollars on my newfound mortgage I am getting by this summer. I will be getting 6.5% which is very good.

Experian contacted me stating that they automatically do a follow up whenever new creditors place files on their reports. They stated that this information will be unverifiable if they can't contact the creditors. They asked me if I knew anything about these new accounts, and I played stupid saying I didn't know anything. They are removing the information. I called Experian and Trans Union, and they don't do follow ups. Only if a dispute is initiated by the consumer. Apparently Equifax's policy is to verify listings. They seem more conscientious about their data. But they are the least used of the CRAs in my area. The majority of my creditors have used either Experian or Trans Union. It's no big loss since my last known score for Equifax was a 655. It will likely go right back to that. Although, my Dell tradeline has appeared on all three bureau reports. So once I get that paid off, it will help. Plus, by using the fake accounts to help me qualify for loans (which was my intent, not to defraud the creditors and run away with a huge chunk of money without paying it off...I am honest about paying my obligations off), I can get new trade lines reported on Equifax.

Unfortunately, you are right, if there are no CRA's, it costs us more money in interest. Since I don't have bad credit, I wouldn't want to pay bad credit rates.

#39 Consumer Suggestion

#40 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Nicole - (U.S.A.)

I am a college sophomore and I am with you on many points. Fisrt - I had my identification stolen last year. Before that I had seven revolving accounts all paid as agreed.

I am not sure what my FICO was but everytime I had a credit report done I got an amazed look. Appearantly this was amazing for someone just out of high school. After my ID was stolen (I reported it immediatly) over twenty accounts were set up and never paid (mostly credit cards, Dell accounts and an Apple account).

I had to call each of these companies and dispute it. It took about seven months, but it worked and they are gone. Now I do have to check my report often to make sure nothing else comes up, but the police told me that they caught they guy a few weeks back.

What you are doing is not victimless. And by the way, only 5% of hackers go uncaught. They can trace everything, even if you use a public area, they will trace it to that public library, and the people there will report having seen you they will put your face on the news.

Stop while you're ahead. You fixed your problem. Now, go about getting the bad stuff off your credit (if you owe anything and can pay it off - tell the company you will pay it off only if they remove any negative stigma from your report - get it in writing. Then pay it off) by reporting the stuff that was wrong (not the stuff you added obviously but you stated that there was other info that was wrong). Good luck. It takes a long time, but threaten legal action and that usually gets them going.

As for grades - as reported earlier, I am in college. You stated you knew the material but got Bs and Cs. I knew the material and got As and very few Bs. Changing your grades to make them higher and get a scholarship would have lowered the amount available to other students who honestly deserved that money. Schools and private organizations have limits to what they can give. It would hurt those who worked their butt off to get those As. I am one of those it would have hurt. I worked full time in high school and went to school from 9-3 everyday. Just thought you should know.

I wish you luck with your disputes with the CRAs they can be jerks sometimes, but they can also be helpfull. If they did not report my information, I would never have been able to get private loans for college (my age alone would have unqualified me), but because my credit showed I was responsible, I am able to pay for college. God bless you all, God bless America.

AUTHOR: Nicole - (U.S.A.)

What you say may be the truth, but......

Jason,
Your anology of justification for what you are doing certainly sounds honorable and justifiable (assuming that the rest of society is all sheep). I have read your posts here and I must say in a few of your examples you have perked my interest as I too have had a few indiscretions in the past which have lowered my credit-worthiness. There is one BIG flaw in your arguments though; WE ALL MUST TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR OUR ACTIONS! I do not believe that the credit bureaus have stolen my information (it has been provided to them by the various entities over the years that I have done business with, and the purpose of centralizing this information is to help these same entities to evaluate my credit-worthiness in the future dealings they might have with me.

Your anologies, while on the surface may sound justifiable, obviously are only so that you can justify in your own mind the righteousness of what you are doing.

I whole-heartidly agree with you that in recent times the credit bureaus have become so unwieldy and provide a lot of mis-information because of the practices of many banks and money institutions to report indiscretions unfairly. On top of that, there is the problem in recent years with identity theft, and it has become very difficult to rectify these problems.

While I can understand your feeling of accomplishment and glee to have put one over on the credit bureaus, it is not right. If you can live with your rationalizations, then so be it. Just remember that that young kid who just got sentenced 18 months for spamming, when he started doing his thing it also was not illegal.

In any event, I wish you the best of luck and I am sure there are many out there who will benefit from your experience.

Why we have credit bureaus.

AUTHOR: Patrick - (U.S.A.)

Jason says we would all celebrate if the CRAs went under. I would not be participating in that celebration, and I'll tell you why.

What would happen if the CRAs did not exist? What would creditors use to determine the risk factor of extending credit to someone?

Currently, those with great credit get the best deals on rates. Those with good credit get fair deals, and those with bad credit get lousy deals. Why? Because a person's credit score determines what kind of credit risk they are. If there were no CRAs, then creditors would be charging EVERYONE higher rates so they could cover their losses to those "bad credit risks".

Jason says the CRAs steal your information, and then sell it to make a profit. First of all, the information is not "stolen". It is actually given to them by the indivdual creditors. The CRA compiles the information and maintains a credit database (which subsequently belongs to them, not the individual). Secondly, the CRAs are a business. What do businesses do? They make money, or cease doing business. That's what this country is all about.

Are the CRAs infallible? No. They rely on the information that is given to them. If there are discrepancies in your file, you have the right to dispute them. I just recently had two inaccuracies removed from my report. They were not the fault of the CRA however, but the agency reporting the delinquency. It was not a chore to have my report updated properly.

I wish also to address one of the examples above, specifically the one about the speeding ticket. What would happen if everyone was able to hack into the DMV database (a federal crime by the way) and reduce the amount of their ticket? Increased taxes for EVERYONE. Since the City, County and State Governments would have less revenue for roads and such, they would be forced to increase taxes to cover expenses. The tax increase affects everyone.

So let's review:

No CRAs = increased interest rates for EVERYONE

Lower ticket amounts = increased taxes for EVERYONE

So tell me, how are you saving money?

In closing, I would like to say to all those considering hacking into the CRA databases to change your credit history, don't do it. It is a FEDERAL CRIME to hack a computer (see this link http://www.rent-a-hacker.com/hacklaw.htm). It took a while, but Jason (or whoever he/she is) has also finally admitted it is illegal.

#47 Consumer Suggestion

How to obtain a free credit report

AUTHOR: Tiffany - (U.S.A.)

Thanks Jason - I tried what you said about how to obtain your free credit report from Experian and it worked! Just wanted to say thanks and I totally support you. I feel that you are just sharing knowledge and it is totally up to the individual to decide whether they want to utilize that information or not. Hey, you just gotta love the Constitution!

#48 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Jason - (U.S.A.)

I understood what you read. Sure, it might be illegal, but for those of us who want a better chance at obtaining loans and getting lower interest payments would do this. I don't want to pay thousands more in interest a year because the credit bureaus have to make their profit.

Why did the credit bureaus come about? Someone got the idea of obtaining our personal information to make profit. Thats the only reason for them being in business. Congress didn't do anything about it. The credit bureaus are a monopoly. Most people are stuck with bad credit if they made mistakes, or they have inaccurate information in their profile.

If they have inaccurate information, then the credit bureaus should fix this. If they made the choice to obtain all that data, they shouldn't be blowing off people, or dragging their feet. That woman in Washington State is living proof of the credit bureaus incompentance. How many more people have been screwed by the credit bureaus due to identity theft? The credit bureaus don't understand how hard it is for these people once they loose their house or car because of "standard waiting procedures." It's all business to the credit bureaus

What would you do Tom? If they caused what happened to that woman in Washington State. You lost everything because of the credit bureaus dragging their feet? Even if you chose the legal route, it would be expensive, and time consuming in general. In the meantime, where are you going to live? The credit bureaus claim to be stewards of the credit information, yet shun responsibility when it's time to promptly remove inaccurate information at the request of the consumer.

As for free credit reports, you are only allowed one free credit report from each bureau a year. I only told others about getting free experian credit reports whenever they want, so after they exercise that free credit report option, they can at least save 10 bucks if they need another glance. For those who live in the east or midwest, they can get a free credit report from Experian in the meantime. Also, TransUnion allows you to get a free credit report whenever you like by saying you were denied credit by a company. The only drawback is you have to register with True Credit to view it.

All I am saying is Tom, the credit bureaus are a multi-billion dollar monopoly. They give no competitive options for the consumer. They force the consumer to bow down to their policies. They force the consumer to purchase reports if they need to know their credit history. There's always going to be people who are going to outsmart the process. Many of us might never get caught. I have since deleted the software and I am no longer going to the library where I added these fake accounts. The dial-up ISP where I got my account (I gave them a false name and address), has been closed. I have covered my tracks.

Do you remember hearing about Jack the Ripper? They were never caught. Even to this day they don't know who it is. Over 80 percent of non-violent crimes are unsolved. The odds are with me on this. I am still checking for updates so I can give others on here a heads-up.

I am sorry if I got rude with you in previous posts. I am simply frustrated at the whole credit process. I am constantly denied for loans because my score isn't high enough. I can still get car loans and stuff, but the "instant approval" offers from online stores were out of the question. Now that I raised my fico considerably, I managed to obtain a preferred account through Dell. I got the stuff I wanted. I am paying it off. I am not doing this with the intent to steal or defraud. Only to get lower interest rates. If it is stealing for obtaining lower interest rate loans, then i'm sorry. But some of us need to make a living. By having the credit bureaus sell information about us only to have us pay thousands more a year in interest, we are being financially hindered, while the credit bureaus get rich.

Imagine what you could do with 5 extra grand a year. That can pay property taxes, or utilities and insurance. That's a big sum of money. I am glad I can save that. I also consulted with my mortgage company about getting into a new house, the guy who reviewed my information marked impressive when he saw my new fake accounts. He said this is a good 9 or 10 years of solid on time credit history. He said if I pay off all my revolving balances, I could get into a house for 6.5%! How does that sound to you? That's really good if you ask me. That's one of the best rates. If I had not added the fake accounts, i'd be looking at 7.5 to nearly 8%. That in effect, costs me tens of thousands of dollars more in my 30 year mortgage. That's a brand new vehicle to some!

I know it is wrong, but do you think that stopped me? The credit bureaus know it's wrong to break the FCRA. Does that stop them? No, because they are a brazen bunch. They don't care because they have tons of money and even some political influence. They will get away with as much as possible. So why should we adhere to a code of ethic? We could be brazen also, and get away with as much as possible. That is our right as americans to live the american dream and have the best financial opportunities possible.

Again, i'm sorry for being rude, but I was hoping for a positive response to what could be a breakthrough for millions of americans. You are entitled to your own opinions and I will respect that. That doesn't make you a moron for expressing your own opinions.

It is a fact this is illegal. And if I could have hacked into my school and changed my grades, I would. That is because I did know the material, but made B's and C's. It wasn't like I was skipping or not learning. I would only be improving my chances to get into college or get a scholarship. That way, if I did get a scholarship I would learn everything, pass the subjects, and get a degree. I wouldn't have to pay for college then! I would be saving me money.

If I could hack into the DMV and change my speeding ticket from 25 over to 5 over, I would happily do that too. I would be saving myself money. Why pay my hard earned money to the county or city, so they can let it sit in a ticket fund to pay for road restoration or other public necessities once every 10 years. And it is a known fact city councils will approve dipping into ticket funds to pay for unexpected expenses such as legal funds and any debts the city may have. So infact, my hard earned money would not be going towards road quality, but instead defending corrupt politicians in court, OR paying for land or escrow fund debts.

If I could hack into my employers network to change my rate of pay, I would not do that. Because that is stealing from my employer. I am directly stealing money from them as I work. I would not hack into my bank and change my balance. This is also stealing.

Hacking to change grades does not harm anyone. Hacking to change my ticket offense does not harm anyone financially. Hacking into a credit bureau doesn't harm anyone financially, because by getting approved I am helping that company get more money by paying them money so I can borrow money from them.

Basically, I will not steal from anyone, but I would change stuff like credit or grades if it meant better opportunities down the road. THat might be considered indirect stealing, because I am not actually stealing money, but later on down the road I am saving money. So the money I saved should have also been paid to X company, is still mine. That's indirect stealing. By changing my grades in High School, I am paving the way for a better future. I am indirectly stealing money the college could get as admissions money. By changing the ticket offense, I am indirectly stealing a certain amount of money in fines. Although the money is never in my possession in all these examples, and I never physically took money, it is not harmful. By stealing from my employer, I am physically changing my pay rate to gain immediate financial gain, and I have that money in my possession.

By changing credit info I don't have tens of thousands of dollars in my possession. It's all paper work. I only save myself money from undue practices offered by the credit bureaus.

Again, I know it's wrong, but the majority of people if given the opportunity to SAVE money would do it. I am only saving money. Not stealing it.

I am only trying to let others know that they don't have to let the credit bureaus stomp on their finances. The credit bureaus get whats reported to them. But remember this. The credit bureaus are making the choice to sell that information. Simply put, the credit bureaus could decline to sell that information and go out of business. That would be an excellent choice. With no credit bureaus, many of us wouldn't have to adhere to strict credit policies.

Plus, if word gets out about these credit bureaus selling fake misleading information, the credit bureaus could face massive lawsuits for letting people modify the "secure" information. This could face the credit bureaus with huge liabilities. If they went bankrupt, I would be laughing for life. With no credit bureaus, we could all rejoice!

Huh?

AUTHOR: Tom - (U.S.A.)

Jason, Jason, Jason. You just don't get it do you? Let me try a few more times, maybe one of these will click in your brain.

1. Banks, credit unions, loan companies, etc. report YOUR financial misdeeds (NSF, late payments, etc) to the credit bureaus. The bureaus do not steal anything.

2. The companies that you are late in making loan payments to or you have NSF are the ones reporting your financial faults to the bureaus. The bureaus get data about you from companies you deal with, they do not steal anything.

If Jason does not understand either of the above he should stop reading and just continue his nefarious financial methods.

I do not know how I can make this easy enough to understand so Jason can really grasp it. I've tried in the past but here goes again. Changing any data on any database that you are not authorized to change is illegal and therefore criminal. According to the legal expert Jason, the examples below are all legal and moral because it is your data.
Examples:
- You get a speeding ticket, so you hack into the MVD database and change the over speed from 25 to 5 miles per hour
- You are a student and want all A's, so you hack into the school's database and change your grades
- You hack into your company's personnel database and give yourself a raise
- You hack into a credit bureau's database and update the information about you
Of course these are all illegal. What Jason seems to miss is the data is ABOUT your history it is NOT YOUR data. For Jason, it is NOT YOUR DATA. What is so hard to understand about that?

Free credit reports I just got my three in the mail. Credit reports are free now in most States and will be free in all States shortly. A new Federal Law says the credit reporting agencies must send a free credit report to anyone requesting it (of course it has to be your own), once a year. So why would anyone want to hack' to see their credit report when they can get it free? Caveat it seems they want money for the credit score but the report itself is free.

I'm sorry for going on so long, but Jason is so misinformed he is making up excuses for his hacking. He thinks it is OK to information from a database because Plus, there is no labor or materials dispensed to me, so essentially they have no out of pocket expenses. I am certain this is going over Jason's head but others might understand it. Jason (I refuse to call him a moron) says no labor or materials, dispensed to me. Of course material was dispensed to him, his credit report whether it is verbal, hardcopy, electronic, or written on a billboard, material was dispensed to him.

#50 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Jason - (U.S.A.)

I could care less if i'm a criminal or not. In your eyes, I am. In a court of law, I am not. Nor is my record an indicator of me being a criminal. So in context, you are simply assuming I am a criminal without an actual conviction. That makes you a moron. Tee Hee. I bet you anything you would do the same thing if you had inaccurate information on your credit reports and needed to clear it up fast, without waiting for the CRAs to piddle fart.

Nothing was said about the CRAs coming along and stealing our information for profit. Congress didn't do a thing about it. I don't see one reason the credit bureaus should even exist. They only work to make the mortgage companies and banks richer. They could care less about the consumer. They aren't here for the consumer, they are here to run our financial lives. You are mistaken Tom. They run our financial lives because if they didn't report this stolen information in the first place, we wouldn't be getting denied for loans. Especially when there's inaccurate info being reported.

They break federal law all the time, why aren't they being shut down or fined? They get away with everything. So why is it such a crime when a few consumers find a way to short circuit the credit process. Why do they get sent up the river without a paddle? Yet the CRAs get away with breaking federal law? All the CRAs have to do is cry out injustice because they had to incur a very small financial loss.

Like I said, this isn't hurting anyone. It is only helping us who alter our credit, AND the companies who we buy from. See, I got all my goodies from Dell UPS on Friday. The total bill was nearly 3 Grand. I got a top of the line laptop. I got an MP3 player, and some other goodies. I would not have qualified if I hadn't added fake accounts to my credit. I didn't do it with the intent to defraud. I already sent a large check and intend to pay the rest off in 5 months or so.

I will pay off any loans I receive. It is only easier for me to obtain a loan now, without bowing down to the credit bureaus selling info to me and only getting declined.

See Mr. Tom, I am helping the businesses. If I had gotten declined, Dell would've been out the cost of the credit report. But, since I got approved for the loan, I got oodles of goodies AND made Dell an extra $3,000 in the process! So by getting approved, the business gets my money, and the credit bureaus still make thier profit, AND I get my desired products! Everyone comes out a winner!

You and other people can't handle the fact that someone out there figured out how to get around the credit bureaus running our financial lives (they do run our financial lives because THEY are furnishing reports that could get us approved or declined). Back in the 70s and 80s, there were no methods to short circuit the credit process. With the new age of computers, that has changed. Technology has made it much easier to accomplish this. While someone works very hard to live by the credit code of conduct of today, because of these identity stealing credit bureaus, they are appauled when someone else figures a way to screw the banks and mortgage companies by getting lower interest payments.

That's part of my reasoning. One is to obtain loans easier, and to obtain a low interest rate on all types of financing. You have no idea how good it felt to obtain instant "preferred" Dell status. As good as gold in my world. Why should I have to pay thousands more on my mortgage because of the reports these f-in credit bureaus furnish to make money. So I am only securing my own financial future.

I don't know about you Tom, i'm sure you are Mr. Pristine credit huh. You probably have a spotless clean credit history free of any blemishes for the past 20 years huh. You probably qualify for the lowest interest rate credit cards, cash builder cards, and other credit immenities. Right? I know how it feels to have that preferred status now. If it's illegal to have inaccurate information on MY file, then I don't know what the world is coming to. It's MY information, and MY file. They stole it, so I should have a right to modify MY information to my liking. Credit Wrench blog on the internet taught me all these good proven attitudes that make us survive in the credit world.

Did you know Tom, that people aren't keeping negative derogs on their credit history for the full 7 years? Here's why. All they have to do is call the collection agency and tell them that the debtor will pay ONLY if it is deleted off their credit report. If the collection agency refuses, then the debtor will refuse to pay. There's no point in paying a collection account if it will remain on your credit report either way. The consumer threatens the B word. This makes the collection agencies quiver at their knees. Bankruptcy! Most consumers, thankfully can manipulate the credit system to their own liking.
Without this, they will suffer 7 years of bad credit. Even if you have an uncooperative collection agency, they will want to resell the debt, it is taken off your credit report, and the new collection agency will give you an opportunity to pay it.

Like it or not Tom, people have for years figured out how to manipulate the credit system! It will never end. It will only get better for us. Maybe that woman in Washington who unjustifiably got sent to prison could become a good credit activist. I applaud her actions of standing up for herself. She really had nothing to loose. She was homeless and jobless because of the credit bureaus negligence. She threatened terroristic actions on the credit bureaus. Whether or not she actually planned anything is unknown, she has said once she gets out, she will be more quiet about things and keep things in the dark. I wish her the best in life when she gets out, and I hope she gets lots of support from people. SHe has my full undivided support.

Go back to wherever you came from with that nonsense of how illegal it is to help better our financial lives. That's BS.

WE ARE EAGERLY WAITING !

AUTHOR: Suleiman - (U.S.A.)

We are eagerly waiting for the codes to be posted if anything comes up. We will be waiting for any updates I guesss we are all in need to change our datas and that is our RIGHT!
It is quite a felony, but isn't it a crime to give private companies our data to profit from us?

AUTHOR: Tom - (U.S.A.)

Any hacking to change the data on any companies database is illegal and therefore criminal. Why is this such a hard concept for people to understand? People like Jason think the credit reporting agencies are running his life - they are simply a history of the person's credit. Once the consumer tells the credit reporting agency there is false information it has to be addressed by the credit bureau within 30 days either deleted or verified - if not then the consumer can take legal action.

I am not a moron and I am not a criminal. I don't think Jason is a moron, but by his own admission he is a criminal. Moron? Tee-hee.

#53 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Jason - (U.S.A.)

I stated earlier that the codes no longer work. The next time a code pops up I will place the link for the site (it is FTP), and hopefully it will make some progress. I am not the only one who does this. There's a small number in the hacking community that are well aware of this, and codes are being made occassionaly. It is being passed from person to person. The reason the codes have to be set up, as some of you might be aware, the requirements for reporting is 500 accounts a month for a company. What the hackers do is set up a company and when the minimum accounts aren't met monthly, the codes are disabled. If you were able to set up your own company and acquire this software, you might be able to add fake credit info to your account for one month and leave it at that. The beauty of the program is it allows you to post account information that is 5 years or even 10 years old. It's not like adding an account and then having to update it. You can spend some time and add 5 or 10 years worth of payments and then upload those to your file. Unlike what Tom from Houston said, it is OUR information NOT the CRA's. The credit bureaus stole that information to make profit. This is considered monopolizing us the consumers. Why should we have to pay to see OUR information?

Which brings me to my next point.

How to get free credit reports from Experian. Go to http://www.experian.com/reportaccess
Go to the get your free credit report link. Type in your current and past 2 addresses, SSN, and all that. At the bottom it will ask for the company who made the adverse action against you. Make sure the name of the company is a company in your "inquiries" file for Experian. Press submit and you should get some security questions. And presto! You got your free credit report. I have done this using "Wells Fargo" and making up random dates within a 60 day period. I have done this for quite a few months now. I don't feel the need to pay nearly 10 bucks for a credit report. Experian makes enough money anyways. Plus, there is no labor or materials dispensed to me, so essentially they have no out of pocket expenses. Then why are they charging to see your report online? To make more money. They make enough of it. Try this new flaw I found in their system. I have accessed over 40 of my own reports. I have gotten several of my friends to do this, as well as alerted several people online. This new method is spreading quickly from what I can tell. This is in no way immoral. We are exercising our rights to view our stolen information.

#54 Consumer Suggestion

I don't think its illegal, and I am not a criminal

AUTHOR: Jason - (U.S.A.)

Tell me how it is illegal? The only reason I am doing it is so I can qualify for lower interest loans. As I said, I had fair credit. I had a few late payments here and there. I also had a public record filed against me because I filed my taxes wrong last year, I failed to disclose several a couple thousand dollars in winnings from a race track in the area and a $700 dollar lottery ticket. I don't feel we should be taxed on everything from owning our own property to a stick of gum. Anyways, I had to amend my tax return in June and am making payments for penalties and interest. They don't take too kindly to someone writing the IRS that they are paying their taxes under protest.

The three credit bureaus are very invasive of our privacy. They find any and all reasons to add negative information to our reports, yet when I make my phone, cable, insurance, and water bills on time for nearly a decade they don't add s**t. Did I ask them to STEAL my personal information and add it into their database so they could make money off of me? I sure didn't. I don't see how this is legal. How would you feel about a small office in your town stealing information from you, acting as a CRA and selling that same information to make a profit? You probably wouldnt like it very much. What gave them the right to do this in the first place? Plus, they don't even maintain that information. They steal the information, then expect us to maintain it. What does that accomplish?

If they are going to steal our information to make profit, then at least maintain that information. So many people have inaccurate information and the credit bureaus could care less about removing that information. They only care about making the money. Thats the only thing they are in for. Is making lots and lots of money. They are trying to get people to believe "they help the consumer." That's a crock of s**t. They break the law all the time. Why don't they ever get shut down? Why should those people who have inaccurate information have to suffer? What if they are trying to get a house or car and it's essential to get it within a month. What if it's a matter of not having transportation or not having a roof over their head? Hell, the credit bureaus could care less about that! They won't care, they will drag their feet about fixing the problem.

Why should we adhere to this communist style of finances? Why should we let a private owned company run our financial futures? We are hard working citizens, and we have to adhere to a strict code of credit criteria, EVEN IF THE CRAS are in the wrong. Read a post I made a few days ago about how to screw the credit bureaus over and make them wish they never messed with you. By adding a statement that says "Experian has failed to fix false and misleading information on my credit report. In doing so, Experian is knowingly selling to you, their customers, false and misleading information. Remember the old age saying 'let the buyer beware.' In this case, beware of buying from Experian."

The credit bureaus will not print this statement because this damages their credibility. But, by law they have to add it word for word, because it contains no vulgur or profane language or themes. If they refuse to add this statement in it's entirety, you can sue them for violating the FCRA. Report them to the FTC and your states attorney general, this is guaranteed to cost them at least a thousand bucks.

A few years ago, a woman in Spokanne Washington got sent to prison because she had her identity stolen. The credit bureaus got copies of the police reports filed by her, and statements from her creditors that cleared her name. Yet the credit bureaus required a certain amount of time to investigate. Months and months passed by, and no one would help her at the bureaus. They were dragging their feet again. She needed a vehicle because she got transferred to her new job location 90 miles away. Her older vehicle konked out on her. She couldn't move because mortgage companies declined her based on her score. Even though she had documentation describing the identity theft, so she had to get a newer vehicle to drive back and forth. She kept getting declined and the sub prime lenders wanted too much money down for 100,000 mile vehicles. She ended up loosing her position and ultimely her job because she didn't have viable transportation. Due to the recent activity on her report, her mortgage company at the time got information from the credit bureaus that she was seriously in debt (another complete lie). Without letting her explain, they foreclosed on her home. She was now jobless and homeless. Proof that the credit bureaus are not for the people, but for the banks and mortgage companies to get them the most money possible and screw people over. Distraught over her newfound fate, she composed letters and made phoned threats from a hotel room. She threatened terroristic acts against the credit bureaus, and to have a well known organization across the globe do some monetary damage to the credit bureaus. In the threats, she stated how unhappy she was with the credit process, and how she got screwed and the credit bureaus didn't care about that. The credit bureaus got scared I think and the authorities got her pretty quick. She was sentenced to 3 years for terroristic threats and intefering with interstate commerce.

I thought that was BS. She got her house taken away from her due to inaccurate information given by the credit bureaus. The very same bureaus who were told about her identity theft. She lost her job because she couldn't get a new car because of the inaccurate information supplied by the credit bureaus. I am sure they get bomb threats all the time. So many upset consumers getting screwed by them. I don't know if she was going to actually carry out her threats, if she had, the credit world would not be the same.

The reason I added fake accounts is because why should I have to bow down to the credit bureaus running my fiancial future. Why should I have to pay thousands more for my mortgage, or pay more for a car loan. I am not defrauding anyone. I am only getting the best rates possible. It's not like I am trying to defraud anyone. If it wasn't for me adding fake accounts to my credit reports, I would not have qualified for "preferred financing" from Dell. I got the laptop computer and other goodies all totaling nearly 3,000 dollars. I mailed them 1,500 dollars last week. I am paying down the rest in the next 4 to 5 months. I needed that computer because my other one was going out. I didn't defraud Dell.

In fact (to the moron who called me a criminal), I am helping these mortgage companies and other places get richer. Because they are financing me, they are making money off me. If they didn't finance me, that'd be one less customer. I am paying them to use their money. So I fail to see where it is wrong and how criminal that makes me. If I am taking a better route to make my life better, then I fail to see where that would make me a criminal. What laws does this fall under? Do you think the credit bureaus would give a s**t? They are still making money and no one is getting defrauded. They don't give a s**t in the first place because they constantly fail to fix inaccurate information.

BTW: The codes I have used are not working anymore. There are no updates from what I can find. Maybe the bureaus got smart to this. Like I said, they have nothing to prove. Using a land line modem connection in a public library is hard to trace. Plus, who says this is my real town! If we have to short circuit the credit process to survive, then so be it. These tyrannical ways of making money and screwing us in the process have to stop.

#55 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

Search for the word cracks or crackz. I looked at the software myself. But, I never bothered to find the crack to hook up with the CRA. I'm not gonna' touch that.

Besides, I don't need a loan. So, why would I ever need to add fake credit?

A lot of people think they have a right to modify their credit. All these fraud credit repair companies prove that. But, I think you're playing with fire here.

Do as you like. That's your choice. Just be willing and able to face any consequences. Like Baretta said: don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Baretta was played by Robert Blake. That's the same guy who is up for murdering his wife now. Kind of makes you wonder, huh?

Remember, there probably isn't one person in jail today who planned to get caught.

#56 Consumer Suggestion

#57 Consumer Suggestion

#58 Consumer Suggestion

Besides, I don't need a loan. So, why would I ever need to add fake credit?

Very illegal to change someone's database data

AUTHOR: Tom - (U.S.A.)

It is illegal to change data in any company's files. Even if the data is ABOUT you, it is not YOUR data. The only data you can change legally is on your own computer or your own database. This is like a student hacking into the school system's computer and changing their grade. Does Jason think this is OK? Maybe this is the wrong person to ask, since we know he is a criminal. Hackers can get away with a lot for a while and some (maybe many) will get a gain out of it but take a look at hacking casess and see jail time. Imagine trying to get a loan when you have to put down you are an ex-con - or getting a job, etc. I would think twice before trying to simply improve my credit score without actually doing it legally.

#60 Consumer Suggestion

In resonse to Paul.

AUTHOR: Garrett - (U.S.A.)

I never thought to use Google or Yahoo! I must be a tard! I have the software, that part is easy. What I need assistance with is the information that makes the software useful. I am not asking for any specific links, just a step in the right direction. I have spent at least six to seven full hours searching different sites and using the search engines to no avail. I am aware of any repercussions from activities; but considering the amount of incorrect and FALSE information in my credit file and the amount of money I have spent trying to fix this clusterf**k, I do not care one bit. I do not believe anyone said this was entirely legal, but just because it's illegal does not make it wrong, and just something is legal does not make it right. I'm sure by the right-wing tone you had in your previous correspondence that you believe that all laws are correct, and anyone who tries to play the system is an anarchist. Have you ever leant a book to a friend? Under current copyright law that is 100% illegal! Does it matter? Probably not, and you would most likely do it again. Small innocent things like that should fall under fair use. That is the word I am talking about here Paul, "FAIR"! I am tired of the system rewarding those with the most money and power. What is good for the goose is not necessarily good for the gander. (Insert one more arbitrary analogy here) After enough terrible things happen to a person they lose their innocence.

By the way Paul, I have multiple revolving credit accounts all in good standing. I do not need/want a loan, the incorrect information on my credit report is due to Experian putting false information on my report and refusing to fix it even after I hired my lawyer. I am in court with them now to try to force them to take it off. The only reason I found out about it was because I applied for a promotion at work that requires a security clearance.

#61 Consumer Suggestion

Don't you people know how to use a search engine?

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

Go to google. Type in metro 2. Use the quotation marks.

How hard was that?

If you can't figure that out, how do you plan to alter your credit history?

By the way, don't listen to anyone who tells you it's OK to do this. If you end up getting money from what you put in your credit report, it's the same as theft. Theft using a computer.

It's fraud, pure and simple. Depending on where you live, you could go to jail or even prison for this.

You have to ask yourself, how bad do you really need that loan?

#62 Consumer Suggestion

Jason

AUTHOR: Garrett - (U.S.A.)

If you could post any "search phrase's" that could help me find the "sites" you mentioned it would help a bunch. I'm having no luck.

#63 Consumer Suggestion

go to this website

AUTHOR: Jason - (U.S.A.)

http://www.credittime2000.com go here to get the software. If this link doesn't post on this rebuttal, then go to google or yahoo and do a search for "metro 2 credit reporting software" and you should see some web links pop up. As for the access codes, there are several hacking sites that should carry this info. As posting access codes directly might not be a good idea, for personal liability reasons.

Try this.........

AUTHOR: George - (U.S.A.)

A search on the internet will get you "https://www.credittime2000.com/" which is a site that sells the program you are looking for.