Complaint Review: Experian Free Credit Report

• Submitted: Fri, February 05, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, February 05, 2010

• Reported By: aspey — Pasadena California United States of America
Experian Free Credit Report

Experian Free Credit Report "Free Credit Report" is bogus. They charge you and don't reveal the charges beforehand! Internet

I signed up with Experian with the intention to pay for the service to receive my credit score.  I knew this beforehand.  I signed up and made sure to read all of the "fine print" and only saw the disclaimer about a 7 day free trial and if I did not cancel before 9 days I would be charged $14.95.

I continued to sign up and enter my credit card information and received my credit score and reports from all 3 agencies.  I made sure to make a note for myself to cancel before the 7 days (because I am a cheapskate!) and I called customer service to cancel.  The operator talked me into using continuing the paid service for half price for the next 12 months.

All of this I was completely aware of and gave full consent.  What I have the problem with is when I checked my credit card online I had a charge for $24.95 from Experian from the same day that I signed up for the free trial.  What is this?

I called customer service AGAIN and a very snotty operator told me this was for receiving all 3 credit reports.  WHAT!?!?  No where did I see at anytime a charge for $24.95!  Remeber I am a complete cheapskate, I NEVER would have been willing to pay $24.95 for a credit score.  Miss Snotty Operator then instructed me on where I could look for myself where this "fine print" was located.  I NEVER saw the screen she directed me to when I signed up!  Talk about bait and switch! She, of course, refused to refund the charge to I asked for a supervisor.  When he came on, he refused as well.  I can't believe for a second Experian is willing to forgo the $90 that I was WILLING to pay them over the next year to hassle me for a $25!  How is that smart business sense!?!?  Now I told them to cancel ALL services and will NEVER use Experian again for ANYTHING! They are a complete and total ripoff and don't care for your business!  Never give them a cent!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2010 05:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Experian-Free-Credit-Report/internet/Experian-Free-Credit-Report-Free-Credit-Report-is-bogus-They-charge-you-and-dont-rev-565174. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Experian Free Credit Report