Complaint Review: Experian NCAC

• Updated: Wed, January 12, 2011

• Reported By: Al — Arlington Virginia United States of America
Experian NCAC
P.O Box 2002 Allen, TX 75013-0036 Allen, Texas United States of America

Experian NCAC Lost my job, brock (The Village app. Dallas TX lease, they have reported me to NCAC Allen, Texas

*Consumer Comment: You are obviously confused here on a few things!

On year 2000 I moved from VA to Texas. I have signed a 2year lease contract for an apartment called The Village Located in Dallas Texas. A year later I have lost my Job and forced to move back to VA. The Village Apartments billed me $10. 000.00, and reported to Experian NCAC after I have told them that I have lost my Job and not afford to pay this amount. It has been over 10 years, but I still can not get a Loan, lease an apartment by myself. I have contacted Experian a few times and explain them what was the real cause, but NCAC is only interested to get some of this money ($2000 last discussion) and they know that I can not do anything about it and getting an attorney will cost you more.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2011 08:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Experian-NCAC/Allen-Texas-/Experian-NCAC-Lost-my-job-brock-The-Village-app-Dallas-TX-lease-they-have-reported-m-681590. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Experian NCAC

You are obviously confused here on a few things!

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Experian is just a credit reporting agency. They do not do collections, nor do they care about your circumstances.

However, if this happened in 2000, they are no longer allowed to show that on your credit report as there is a 7 year maximum period for reporting of a negative, with the exception of BK which is 10 years.

Also check on the statute of limitations in your state for the actual collection of the debt, as it may not be legally collectable.

The fact of the matter is that you broke a legal binding agreement. The cause does not matter, and nobody really cares about you losing your job. That is your problem in the real world, not the apartment manager's/owner's.

Stay off the phone. Communicate only in writing.