Complaint Review: Experian World Amazon Marketplace

• Updated: Mon, August 20, 2012

• Reported By: Jennifer B — Basel Internet Switzerland
Experian World Amazon Marketplace
1183 Lakewood Farmingdale Road Howell, New Jersey United States of America

Experian World Amazon Marketplace Refused to acknowledge wrong items shipped, refused to replace per own policy, does not answer customer correspondence Howell, New Jersey

I ordered supplements worth about $160 from Experian World through Amazon Marketplace.  Experian shipped the wrong items.  I informed them immediately.  They responded by sending me return instructions and "relief" from their restocking fee and shipping charges.  This is a violation of their own return policy, which states that if they fail to fulfill an order, they will replace it at their own cost.  They have characterized this as a customer return, rather than a misshipment, to avoid paying the replacement and return shipping costs.  Further, they are not allowed to charge restocking and shipping fees for their own error.  I should receive the items I purchased at no extra cost to me, or a full refund, including my return shipping costs.

I informed them immediately that this is unacceptable, but I have not received a response from them, despite several chasers.  I have now referred this to the New Jersey consumer protection authority.

I also complained to Amazon under their "A to Z Guarantee", but they have been useless.  They expect me to wait up to two weeks for them to decide whether or not they will honor the guarantee.  They demanded immediate payment for the goods, but have left me high and dry with a dodgy seller.

My advice is DO NOT order from Experian World, and DO NOT order any third party goods from Amazon.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2012 03:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Experian-World-Amazon-Marketplace/Howell-New-Jersey-07731/Experian-World-Amazon-Marketplace-Refused-to-acknowledge-wrong-items-shipped-refused-to-929991. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Experian World Amazon Marketplace