Complaint Review: Experian

• Reported By: victoria — pensacola Florida
Experian
, Select State/Province USA

Experian Experian invades your privacy and steals your money! Internet

I recently purchased what I thought was a copy of my 'free' (or $1 for processing) credit report. I thought I recognized the name 'Experian' and that they were a reputable company. There was a question about whether or not I wanted copies of the other 2 credit bureau report; I checked 'no'.

When I checked my bank account online a couple of days later, to my surprise, I found a 'recurring' charge of $19.95!!  Not only that, but my account was overdrawn (I am on Disability and live on less than $1000/mo).  I quickly called the number on the statement, and got a voice mail saying only, "We are not in; leave us a message".  I looked them up online and called another number.  The representative informed me that I had joined while online, but they would consider dropping the rate to $9.95/mo.

She did allow me to cancel (from what I've heard from others, they often do not), but I was still broke and owed my bank overdraft fees; and it was 2 weeks until my next check!

When I got online and found out how many people have been 'duped' by this unscrupulous company it really made me angry; and I felt I needed to write something to someone who might have the power to do something about it.

Thank-you

ps, I used a Debit Card

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2013 03:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Experian/Select-StateProvince/Experian-Experian-invades-your-privacy-and-steals-your-money-Internet-1085586. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Experian