Complaint Review: Experian

• Updated: Tue, February 02, 2010

• Reported By: Alice — Crescent City California United States of America
Experian

Experian, Free Credit Report, FreeCreditReport.com AB Account, Internet

As the owner of an accounting business that coincidentally has the web domain (abaccount.com) I have been negatively affected by both experian and its sub-division of freecreditreport.com.

I have received close to 100 calls from all over the United States from people who are concerned about the AB Account charges showing up on their credit report.  Of course, the first thing most people do is get on the web and run a search for AB Account.  I would do the same thing.  Unfortunately, they come in contact with my website.

From what I have come to understand through my own research and through consumers who were kind enough to call me back the AB Account charges on the credit reports are a "fake" sample of what a dispute might look like.

I have called both Experian and FreeCreditReport.  I've emailed Experian's commercial department.  I'm a small company.  My business phone is also my home phone.  So when people call at 2:00 AM to try and resolve this issue it affects my entire family.  Not to mention the affect on my company's reputation, which by the way, is in a new fax I just received today from another company who wants to help me save that reputation.

What I would really like to see is Experian look into this matter and take care of it.  Too many people are being negatively affected.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2010 12:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Experian/internet/Experian-Free-Credit-Report-FreeCreditReportcom-AB-Account-Internet-563540. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Experian