- Report: #984346
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Experian
ExperianInternet United States of America
Experian FreeCreditReport.com $1 credit report and score has a sneaky membership attached Internet
- Get Your Instant Credit Report & Score for $1
- See your Credit Report & Score instantly
- Find out which factors affect your Score
- Be alerted when your Score goes up or down
Additionally, although you can order the $1 credit report and score online any time during the day or night, you cannot cancel your "membership" without calling them on the phone during their daytime business hours and going through the directory, being put on hold, then discussing your reason for cancelling this "wonderful" monitoring service.
In my opinion these are deceptive business practices:
- The fine print about the additional charges and subscription is neither prominent nor in close proximity to the offer they are advertising.
- The cancellation process is neither easy nor convenient.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2012 09:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Experian/internet/Experian-FreeCreditReportcom-1-credit-report-and-score-has-a-sneaky-membership-attached-984346. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.