Complaint Review: Experian

• Updated: Fri, July 13, 2007

• Reported By:marysville Washington
Experian
www.freecreditreport.com Internet U.S.A.

Www.freecreditreport.com/CIC Triple Advantage/Experian Found Surprise Charges To My Debit Card For A Service I Had Never Heard Of Ripoff Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Freecreditreport

I recently checked my bank account and discovered that www.freecreditreport.com, and Experian company, has been charging me 12.95 a month for the last six months for something called "CIC Triple Advantage," some bullshit service I've never even heard of. Suppesedly, there's some fine print when you sign up for the "free" (what a damn joke) credit report that tells you you'll be signing up for a service. Still, this is some underhanded shit. I called the number and was able to cancel my "account" and was assured that there would be no further charges and that I would receive an e-mail confirming this. The cancellation was relatively hassle free; I wasn't put on hold for more than a few seconds and I had to harangue the operator only slightly to get her to cancel. As far as not receiving any more charges, I guess we'll see.

Ryan
marysville, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2007 04:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Experian/internet/WwwfreecreditreportcomCIC-Triple-AdvantageExperian-Found-Surprise-Charges-To-My-Debit-260724. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Experian

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Freecreditreport

AUTHOR: Dan - (U.S.A.)

I see their commercial on TV frequently. I big red flag is at the end of their commercial. "Free credit requires enrollment in Tripple Advantage." They expect that people won't pay attention to this very important statement. That is where your surprise charges show up. No mention of costs or fees are in their commercial. I haven't visited their web site, but I'm sure that the cost / fee schedule is very vague, very small print and well hidden.

I believe a web site called "annualcreditreport.com" is truly a free site. Be careful and check it thoroughly first. They asked for my SSAN. I'm very reluctant to give that kind of info over the internet, regardless of a secure connection. You can do this through the mail, also. You may however, have to pay to get your credit score. Our local news station recommend that you do a credit check from one of the agencies every four months. This way you can monitor your credit throughout the year and not just once a year.

Good luck.