Complaint Review: Expert Locksmith

• Reported By: Fay — New York New York United States of America
Expert Locksmith
69-11 Yellowstone Blvd Queens, New York United States of America

Expert Locksmith Deceptive and False Advertising Queens, New York

I found Expert Locksmith on Google, and gave them a call for an estimate. (My parents were locked out of the house and we needed them to open the door for us.) The representative over the phone told me that there would be a $15 service call, and a $35 minimum to open the lock. He also told me that it would take 30 minutes for them to arrive.

An hour passes, and no one arrives. I call them back, letting them know and they tell me that their locksmith is "on his way." Finally after 2 hours of waiting from the initial call, the locksmith arrives. Without apologizing for his tardiness, he tells us that it is going to cost $150 to unlock the door. (Yes. You read correctly. $150.)

I would not have had a problem if they were straight-forward and up front with pricing from the beginning. All their advertisements promote a $15 cost, and 15 minute arrival time. That clearly was not the case in our situation, and wanted to forewarn anyone else that might be in need of a locksmith. [continued below]....
.....

After numerous calls to Expert Locksmith, I discover that the $35 minimum they charge is to open a "MasterLock" for high school lockers, not residential locks. Unbelievable.

To add insult to injury, after days of reaching out to Expert Locksmith and not offering a partial refund...the manager finally offers me $20 so they won't have to deal with me anymore. In his exact words "You waited 2 hours, so we will offer you $10 for each hour of your time."

Extremely unprofessional, deceptive and would not recommend to anyone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2012 02:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Expert-Locksmith/Queens-New-York-11375/Expert-Locksmith-Deceptive-and-False-Advertising-Queens-New-York-896538. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Expert Locksmith