Complaint Review: Explore Talent

• Updated: Tue, February 28, 2012

• Reported By: samanthalc — Calgary Alberta Canada
Explore Talent
Los Angeles, California United States of America

Explore Talent "David Casting Director" phoned me. SCAM!!! "Creative Director David" contacted me. NO LOGIN in 2 YEARS!! Los Angeles, California

*Consumer Comment: Talent David Casting Director

I have not used any casting websites in well over 2 years as I live in Canada and the option for us to make it big is slim to none.

I received a phone call at 8:45 am in regards to my profile and how i was selected to have an audition in Washington, DC for the Mission Impossible 4 movie with Tom Cruise as a SUPPORTING role. Like WOW that's awesome, but red flag number 1 was when "David" said that he was trying to submit my account for review to the casting director and it was inactive and I needed to upgrade it to pro. Ok? Fine... How much is this gonna cost me now $119.94. Okay, so I give this "creative director" my previous address, lord knows I'm going to give my current address and he asks me to confirm my credit card number. I say "i'd prefer doing this with your billing department" I get transferred then to a "Peter" whom also has broken english and a thick accent. He then gets me to confirm my address again, so I give him my prior address. He then proceeds to tell me that I will not be able to receive any casting calls without paying for the "pro-membership". I then say "I'd like to discuss this with my boyfriend as he does manage the finances in our household" untrue but the best lie I could come up with on the spot. Peter then said "Why do you need to discuss this with your boyfriend, why can't you make the decision for yourself, when are you going to call us back to pay for this service"

Unfortunately "Peter" I will not be calling you back in regards to this service. I would like to warn everyone that there is other ways to get recognized and do not fall for internet scams such as this. Ensure that you are always provided with a BBB number and that they provide you with all the helpful answers you are looking for. Look for some sort of info that you can get on the company to ensure you are not taken for $119, lord knows that $119 could have turned into $10,000.00 without my authorization to debit my Visa Card.

Beware of internet scams, the modelling/acting industry is cut throat but they would never want to hear of inappropriate scams such as this!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2010 10:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Explore-Talent/Los-Angeles-California-/Explore-Talent-David-Casting-Director-phoned-me-SCAM-Creative-Director-David-conta-670965. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Explore Talent

Talent David Casting Director

AUTHOR: kirterry1 - (United States of America)

This Casting Director is a SCAM I am with a modeling agency and he tried to send me money in advance when I submitted to his modeling and acting job opputunity and once I responded names of the locations and designers kept changing and the money was just to good to be true so somone do need to put him away, he tried to send me money before I even work the job so stay away from him.