Complaint Review: Explore Talent

• Submitted: Wed, November 12, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, December 05, 2008

• Reported By:Dickson Tennessee
Explore Talent
8033 Sunset Blvd. Suite# 580 Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

Explore Talent ,Explore Talent.com gets your hopes up for nothing but for them to fall back down Los Angeles California

*UPDATE Employee: Explore Talent Offers Aspiring Actors Real Work

I got a call today at 12:38 from a man that said his name was Marcus, and that he was with this "explore talent". He told me that I was the perfect match for up coming additions around my area. I was excited about what he was saying and didn't even think back to remember that I never even get around to putting up a picture of myself.

He said that I would get 100% of what ever I made and I wouldn't have an agent. Being young and in need of money it all sounded good to me, a little too good. He said that I had to come up with $199 in order for me to get any kind of information on where the additions would be and stuff.

I told him that I just started to live on my own and don't have that kind of money right off the bat. He was very addament about the money, and that there were 10 other girls wanting this. So it was a now or never thing.

We came to an agreement that I could call him back after I tried to get the money from my father.

I waited for about an hour when I got to thinking about it all. The money he said I would make sounded great to me. It was just that it sounded too good to be true. Why would they need a credit card number and not you just send them a check or something of that sort?

I never called Marcus back, but when I got home I read up on this "explore talent" and found nothing but bad news. The only good things you can read about it is from the people that work there.

I didn't lose any money like some of the other people on here. I just want to try to help other people from losing money that they can't really afford to lose in today's economy.

Please everyone, be careful of this "explore talent".

Donna
Dickson, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2008 04:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Explore-Talent/Los-Angeles-California-90046/Explore-Talent-Explore-Talentcom-gets-your-hopes-up-for-nothing-but-for-them-to-fall-bac-390638. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Explore Talent

Explore Talent Offers Aspiring Actors Real Work

AUTHOR: D. George - (U.S.A.)

You were not ripped off or scammed in any way. You simply took advantage of the great FREE service offered by Explore Talent. You were later contacted and encouraged to become a Pro Member which would have enabled you to actually submit to all the great auditions you see on the website.

With over 2 million members, there may be a handful that were not really ready to go on auditions or had trouble navigating the website. If you were to really research Explore Talent, you would see how much time and energy is spent on providing a great, affordable service and real value.

We regret that you opted to remain a free member, but, as a free member, you can still take advantage of having your own Free Profile Page, unlimited photo and video uploads, and much more...ALL FREE!

We hope that when you are ready you will take the leap into auditioning for work and join as a Pro Member.

Good Luck