Complaint Review: Explore Talent

• Submitted: Tue, August 12, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, August 12, 2008

• Reported By:Willoughby Ohio
Explore Talent
38465 North Lane Willoughby, Ohio U.S.A.

Explore Talent OMG I cant believe they wld use my daughter just to get $$ Los Angeles California

I got a call from a Celine(hhmmm no last name, 1-800-763-8517 ext. number 5006) which also did not mention her name or company until i asked what it was at the end of the conversation (a little weird if you ask me. She did not speak English very well and it sounded as if someone in the background was helping her(like she didnt know what she was supposed to do) She also kept repeating everything after I already confirmed that I understood what she just said. Celine called about my 2 year old daughter saying that there are auditons and casting calls and directors that my daughter is an exact match for. Re-comfirming her features.

At first i did not remember signing up for ne thing, i then remembered an all black screen with a small neon green box and no name of the company.

I was told that a web page would be made for arianna, a calander page, business cards. All for free. There would be know commisson because the directors pay them good money. I was told i wld also get a call every saturday. Celine said not to waste money on pictures because the directors wld pay for it if they liked her and also she wld get payed $100 to $200 dolars an auditon (i was unaware that you got payed even if you didnt get a job.)

I thought this was a dream. At th the end it was time for her to submit the profile, all she need was a "small fee." $70-3months, $119-6months,$200-1year. Sounded pretty good at the time. I told her i had no money in my bank at the time and i wld talk to my husband. Instead of understanding and encouraging me to talk to my husband as you wld think they wld she got really scared and confirmed several times that i wld call back. Even though i expressed how interested i was and repeatedly said i wld call back.

I did call back to ask for the name of the agency(which is funny she did not tell me...mistake on her part?) and i asked for the web site. She walked me through and it was very convincing, so convincing that my husband even took interest and he is a very skeptical man and does not just shuvel money out for just ne thing. Now after reading the other reports I have decided not to join my daughter to Explore Talent. It is very convincing, just ask yourself is it worth finding out if it is a scam or not. If it is, you will just be a step behind from where you were at before.

Andrea
Willoughby, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2008 06:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Explore-Talent/Willoughby-Ohio-44094/Explore-Talent-OMG-I-cant-believe-they-wld-use-my-daughter-just-to-get-Los-Angeles-Cali-362207. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Explore Talent